Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires

Default New Forum software!!!! Like it or not??

I like the new version of the forum software so far, in that it seems to be flip back and forth between posts a bit quicker than the older version. Also, I notice when you click on a picture on a post that is way down the thread, and then hit the back button, it goes straight back to that post. I REALLY like that!! I used to have scroll back down and find the post I was on to keep on reading it.

One thing I see that I don't like is that there doesn't seem to be a post preview feature, like when you hover your cursor over a post title. It used to be you could read the first sentence or two of a post by doing that, but now you get nothing when you hover over the thread title. Oh well, I guess you can't have everything??

I'm sure there are probably a few other quirks that I haven't come across yet, but will learn them as I get used to it! Tractor on!!!
    Nothing could be finer than riding my JD790 in South Carolina!!

2001 John Deere 790 4x4 with Model 70 FEL, 5ft International World Agritech bush hog, 5ft Wallberg BB, 5ft Frontier disc harrow, 5ft King Kutter II Rototiller, 5ft Cultipacker, 5ft Sitrex finish mower, Leinbach PHD with 9" & 12" augers, Leinbach middlebuster, Leinbach #11 Field Cultivator, boom pole, custom 3pt handi-hitch, clamp on bucket forks, Pat's Easy Change.

Nothing runs like a Deere, or smells like a John....

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MASSEY, CASE , FARMALL

Default Re: New Forum software!!!! Like it or not??

I am not a fan of this new look. It seems to be to boxy and on the today's post page I find the titles harder to read. May be bigger font would fix this. I am sure I will get used too it. I do like the new picture viewing layout though.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    SSTT (Sideways Snake Tain Tractor) and STB (sideways train box) tractor, dirt harvester

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE R View Post
    I am not a fan of this new look. It seems to be to boxy and on the today's post page I find the titles harder to read. May be bigger font would fix this. I am sure I will get used too it. I do like the new picture viewing layout though.
    ctrl key on keyboard then PLUS or MINUS sign. to enlarge or decrease text font. agree font seems a little small.

CTRL +
    CTRL -
    Ryan

Tractor
    International 2500a with Loader

no body likes change it will take time to adjust,but a darker background would help.

Tractor
    Sears Garden Tractor with home built loader

I don't really like the new design of the forum. But I will eventually get used to it.

Chad
    Fixing Up Old 1960's Santafe Travel Trailer
    Click the above link to see pics of a travel trailer I scored for free that I'm going to fix up to go camping in.

Home Made Wheel Chock
    Home Made wheel chock made from steel pipe and angle iron.

Quote Originally Posted by deerseeker001 View Post
    no body likes change it will take time to adjust,but a darker background would help.
    Well I can live with change however two quick things:

1. For whatever reason I could not "REPLY" I had to select "REPLY WITH QUOTE"

2. So far I have not been able to find the "Since My Last Visit" function that used to be here. If I visit two or three times a day and "Mark All Read" each time I don't want to have all of the days posts come up. Also, If I don't read for a day or two - how do you get yesterdays posts for example?

Maybe after some additional searching or experimenting I'll find the missing features.
    2007 JD CAB 3320 eHydro, 300CX FEL, GX720 Back Hoe, 72" 7-Iron MMM, 48" Horst Pallet Forks
    Lucknow 60" Rear Snow Blower, JD Box Blade 2065
    2013 JD X739 - 60" HC Deck with Auto Connect

Well I solved the #1. If I place my cursor ON the Reply to Thread icon it does not work. If the cursor just barely touches the bottom then it does work.
    2007 JD CAB 3320 eHydro, 300CX FEL, GX720 Back Hoe, 72" 7-Iron MMM, 48" Horst Pallet Forks
    Lucknow 60" Rear Snow Blower, JD Box Blade 2065
    2013 JD X739 - 60" HC Deck with Auto Connect

Administrator
    Tractor
    None currently

Quote Originally Posted by CinderSchnauzer View Post
    Well I can live with change however two quick things:

1. For whatever reason I could not "REPLY" I had to select "REPLY WITH QUOTE"

2. So far I have not been able to find the "Since My Last Visit" function that used to be here. If I visit two or three times a day and "Mark All Read" each time I don't want to have all of the days posts come up. Also, If I don't read for a day or two - how do you get yesterdays posts for example?

Maybe after some additional searching or experimenting I'll find the missing features.
    We will be adding the "since my last visit" link again. It's on the to-do list.
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

Tractor
    1981 Yanmar 336D

So far I'm loving the new look. There are some changes that I would make, but luckily I can have my cake and eat it too, using the Stylish plugin for Firefox - I just made the forum look the way I wanted. (Don't worry, I'm not stingy.. once I finish up the changes, I'll share them with everyone to try out)

I've attached a preview of the changes I made. So, pretty much, consider that screenshot "what I wish it was normally".

As for features:

- I do miss the "my topics" being the subscribed threads with new posts. I don't care what topics I've started, as I subscribe to them all and never lose them.
    - Not having the forums list dropdown is a bummer. I liked the quick access

Everything else seems the same, which is great, as I liked it as it was, thought ssl.google-analytics.com is still hosing up the works (never completing the transfer)..

UPDATE: Here is the link to the Stylish style: TractorByNet forum cleanup for better reading - Themes and Skins for Tractorbynet - userstyles.org
    You need the Stylish plugin to use it (it can be found for Chrome, Firefox, etc)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -tractorbynet-com-redesign-png  
    Last edited by Domush; 06-12-2012 at 11:56 PM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ― Aristotle

Yanmar 1981 YM336D

From this . . . . To this

Check out the full restoration project: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 . . . . Adding gauges? How-to

Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

With the change wish they would of added some kind of Hay&Pasture forum.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast