New Forum Change Log

/ New Forum Change Log #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Based on your feedback, here are the changes we have made since the upgrade. I will continue to update the list as we make more changes.

6/12/12
- Disabled quick reply and switched back to full editor when replying.
- Changed background color/text color on posts to match old forum (light grey with black text)
- Changed background color of threads on forums and search results pages to match old forum (grey background)
- Changed "My Topics" to link to subscriptions instead of all topics you have started
- Changed "Settings" to "My Home"

6/13/12
-Changed font of posts back to verdana and black.
-Changed link color forum-wide to a richer, darker blue
-Changed background colors on forum display pages to match old forum.
-Changed key links to underline
-Reduced thread icon size on forums
-Added link to new posts (since last visit) on navigation bar.
-Removed thin grey border from thread pages to reduce wasted space on sides and top of threads
-Removed large thread title text on thread pages
-Made thread title in breadcrumb navigation bold
-Reduced size and padding in quick nav and drop-downs.
-Reduced size and remove capitalization of "view first unread" link on thread pages.
-Fixed issue of post time getting cut off on search results pages on lower resolution browsers.
-Added pale yellow highlight behind unread threads in forums and search results.
-Fixed search results to display the same font and underline for all thread titles.
-Eliminated extra space above signatures - Thanks, Domush
-Fixed reply to thread button on bottom - Thanks again, Domush
-Changed unread thread default link to jump to first unread post
-Cleaned up tractor make/model formatting - Thanks again, again, Domush

6/14/12
-Fixed "redirect error" on login issue
-Removed sidebar ads on all pages except forum and thread (same as it was on old forum)

6/15/12
-Added number of results to top of search result page

6/17/12
-Changed most all links to underline for readability.

6/18/12
-Updated link between website and mobile app.
-Updated standard mobile style so when you view the forum using a mobile device but not using the TBN app, a simple mobile style will display instead of the full site.

6/19/12
-Changed forum default to quick reply.
-Forwarded "participated threads" issue to forum app developer

6/20/12
-Replace smiley faces with smileys from old forum + added 400 new ones (thanks Artisan)
-De-activated mobile app for testing

6/21/12
-Fixed recurring CSS error issue (white space)
-Completed fresh install of all forum scripts to remove old and unused files
-Upgraded to latest software
-Re-activated mobile app

6/27/12
-Updated footer

7/27/12
- Fixed issue with thread icons.

To-do list:

- Remove "Started by" and date from forum pages under thread links to make it cleaner on the eye
- Add link to forum at bottom of thread between previous/next threads links
- Move page links for threads to right side of thread title on forum pages and search results if possible
- Fix tractor info on profile block (overflow)
- Implement new user icons and user levels
- Add quick nav to search results pages
- Reduce white space on main index when forums are minimized so that it's a tight list of rows like old forum.
- Fix right column where ad displays so that if no ad is there, the content fills that space instead of a blank white space.

Last edited:
   / New Forum Change Log #2  
i no longer have "quick reply box" at bottom of a thread page. *frowns*. it comes in nice, vs having to load up another page. only time most folks need to use "advance" editor / full editor is to attach images. :confused2: is removing quick reply from bottom of thread pages, less bandwidth heavy? vs forcing folks to go to the advance editor page to make a reply?

some problems, viewing.....
[h=1]Looking to buy older...but what tractor?[/h]
look at "sound guy" posts 19, 21. his "tractor" data in left column under his username. overflows into the area that has text from his reply to the thread. and makes a line partially un-readable.

not picking on sound guy, due to some other folks are most likely are having same problem.

/ New Forum Change Log #3  
Based on your feedback, here are the changes we have made since the upgrade. I will continue to update the list as we make more changes.

6/12/12
- Changed background color of threads on forums and search results pages to match old forum (grey background)

Thanks Muhammad. The background color change makes it much easier to read.

Chad

/ New Forum Change Log
Updated.

/ New Forum Change Log #6  

To-do list:

- Get rid of white space above signatures
- Fix reply to thread button on bottom (not working for some)
- Remove tractor info from profile block (old forum didn't have this)

Here are the CSS fixes for the 1st two:

"Reply" button not working:

.below_postlist .pagination_bottom {
width: auto;
}

Someone went a little crazy with the "width: 100%;" entries, they are everywhere and only rarely needed (mostly on containers). It is disastrous when floating things.

Sig white space fix:

.postbitlegacy .postrow.has_after_content {
padding-bottom: 0em;
}

I'll send the bill :cool:

As to the tractor info, I love it being there. That area is wasted space anyhow.

/ New Forum Change Log
Thanks! Let me know if that reply button works now...

/ New Forum Change Log #9  
I'm not seeing a "quick reply" button. Only "reply with quote" or multi-quote reply.

/ New Forum Change Log #10  
Uh oh, we're already over budget. :laughing: Hope you take TBN hats as trade. :dance1::dance1:

Absolutely! :thumbsup:

Needs better formatting.

Try this:

.postbitlegacy dl.userinfo_extra dt, .postbitlegacy dl.user_rep dt {
clear: right;
}

.postbitlegacy dl.userinfo_extra dd, .postbitlegacy dl.userinfo_extra dd a, .postbitlegacy dl.user_rep dd {
float: right;
width: 109px; /* 1px buffer, just in case IE sucks as usual */
}

PS: Reply button is working, now. :thumbsup: