Quick Reply/Reply

/ Quick Reply/Reply #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Hi Everybody,

We have three options for the quick reply/reply settings. Please let me know which you prefer:

Option 1. No quick reply. All replies go to a new page. The only reply link on each post is "reply with quote" or multi-quote reply. There is no "reply" button on each post without quote.

Option 2. Quick reply inline or at the bottom of threads. With this option you have to click "advanced" to go to the separate reply page. This option allows you to reply to specific posts without quoting.

Option 3. Quick reply (as above) with AJAX (automatic posting without page reload).

Currently the forum is set with option 1, which is most similar to how the forum was set up before the upgrade.

Which option should we use?

/ Quick Reply/Reply #2  
Hi Everybody,

We have three options for the quick reply/reply settings. Please let me know which you prefer:

Option 1. No quick reply. All replies go to a new page. The only reply link on each post is "reply with quote" or multi-quote reply. There is no "reply" button on each post without quote.

Option 2. Quick reply inline or at the bottom of threads. With this option you have to click "advanced" to go to the separate reply page. This option allows you to reply to specific posts without quoting.

Option 3. Quick reply (as above) with AJAX (automatic posting without page reload).

Currently the forum is set with option 1, which is most similar to how the forum was set up before the upgrade.

Which option should we use?

I like option number 1. I never use quick reply anyway. I always click the reply to thread button.

Chad

/ Quick Reply/Reply #3  
As long as I can preview it I'm ok with any. Hard to tell without trying.

/ Quick Reply/Reply #5  
#1 Please.

With the QR, you always have to hit another button to get to the smileys, and if you hit the Post Reply button rather than the Submit Reply button everything you typed is gone.

/ Quick Reply/Reply
Ok then, option 1 it is. Just wanted to clarify as there have been a bunch of comments on quick reply.

/ Quick Reply/Reply #7  
Could we please have Quick Reply as well as the Advanced Reply to keep everybody happy ? I hate, hate, hate having to load up this Advanced Reply page, it takes so long on my internet connection and if Quick Reply isn't added again I can see myself slowly posting less and less due to the aforementioned pet hate.

Please Muhammad, couldn't we have both ?