Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

Default Re: Quick Reply - Give it a try

I prefer Advanced as default with Quick as option. I guess im just backwards to the majority

Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X500

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby074 View Post
    I prefer Advanced as default with Quick as option. I guess im just backwards to the majority
    I agree. Better yet just have Advanced and eliminate Quick (it's redundant).

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455AWS

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby074 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rekees4300 View Post
    I agree. Better yet just have Advanced and eliminate Quick (it's redundant).
    I do as well also. Unfortunatly vBulliten does not make it a user preference but rather a global setting for everyone. Just like the picture viewing, it's not user adjustable.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

#BoltOnHooks

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain and Rigging Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components, and MUCH more!

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

I prefer advance as default also, but that is all I have used for tor last 4 years. So I guess it is just what I am used to. But I think the quick reply is more functional in this version of TBN right?? I dont know why I never used it before, so I dont know what the old QR was like??
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."

Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota MX5100HST w/LA844
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar (For Sale), CS261, & FS190 + Echo CS400 & rusty old Ranger snowplow truck

My only issue with Advanced is probably due to my slow internet via sattelite because I live in the boonies. Regardless the ONLY issue with advanced is I have to wait for the screen to load up all the fancy buttons. And typically I click the button and start typing. Now I click and wait.

Quick Reply I have a couple issues.

I'm on IE 9 on a laptop with 1280 x 800 and it ALWAYS pops up only 1/2 of the QR area. I MUST scroll down to see the buttons. Also sometimes I cannot see where the cursor is, so I go clicking away at it trying to find where typing will appear.

Twice, maybe three times this morning I got "are you sure you want to leave this page" from MSFT.

Honestly, I'd be thrilled with just one option, advanced. BUt I can't fault the QR much.

David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, Freshly Clear Cut!, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    Kioti DK45se HST - Rhino 660 4X4 - Snapper Pro ZTR - Craftsmen Chipper/Vac

Quote Originally Posted by MossflowerWoods View Post
    My only issue with Advanced is probably due to my slow internet via sattelite because I live in the boonies....

David
    I'm with David on the Sat. service, but I guess that falls under the "not your problem" arena. I do appreciate you pointing out the advanced button as some of our brethren " Comma Mommas" do kinda jump all over spelling/grammer usage at times and it's nice to take a second look at what you post before posting it.

I do thank you guys for the time, effort, and response to fixing issues with your new look roll-out. Your team should get the "Member of the Quarter" nomination
    Doug P

Quote Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
    FireFox and Add-Block
    I'm using Chrome with Ad Block. I don't agree with you. The website is a product and should be constantly improved to meet the customers needs. No, I don't think they should have to support antiquated technology like IE6, but they should accommodate all current versions of browsers. I've run into many IT departments that had this attitude of "you adapt to our limitations", and it is the wrong stance to take if you are servicing customers. I'd like to see the stats on how many hits that ad takes. I'd bet it's pretty low. At the very least, move its location so it does not obscure a major navigation tool for the site.

PH

R.I.P.
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Quote Originally Posted by PossumHound View Post
    I'm using Chrome with Ad Block. I don't agree with you. The website is a product and should be constantly improved to meet the customers needs. No, I don't think they should have to support antiquated technology like IE6, but they should accommodate all current versions of browsers. I've run into many IT departments that had this attitude of "you adapt to our limitations", and it is the wrong stance to take if you are servicing customers. I'd like to see the stats on how many hits that ad takes. I'd bet it's pretty low. At the very least, move its location so it does not obscure a major navigation tool for the site.

PH
    Our IT is outsourced to a large and well known technology company, and I wish I had tape of my first meeting with them...it would be so hilarious. Their leader said literally: "We are the Borg. You WILL be assimilated." (And he laughed.) I didn't laugh...

Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

I DO NOT, repeat DO NOT like the quick reply feature for the same reason David notes...we too have very slow internet service...since the change it seems to take even longer to post anything at all. And I keep getting pop ups that say "Do you want to stay on this page" although I am doing nothing at all while waiting for my post to show up.

DISLIKE !!!!

Tractor
    I did have a pedal John Deere once...

Hey Bill, do you really think it is slowing things down that much ?

I'm telling you, I have a slow internet connection too and loading up the "Advanced Reply" page every time I want to make a reply takes too long to make it economically worthwhile to do so.

I need Quick Reply to stay!
    "The darkest time is just one hour before dawn" - Johnny Cash.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast