Quick Reply - Give it a try

/ Quick Reply - Give it a try #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Hi Everybody,

I've been looking into the options and functionality of quick reply and I think utilizing the quick reply option makes sense for several reasons. I've enabled this feature and would like for you to give it a try. Here's how it works:

- Every thread has reply buttons at the top and bottom. Clicking one of them jumps you to the bottom of the thread where the quick reply box is. If you want the full reply page, click "go advanced" at the bottom right corner of the box.

- Every post has three reply buttons at the bottom right: Reply, Reply With Quote, and Multi-Quote. Clicking Reply or Reply With Quote will instantly load the quick reply box below that post. Clicking the same button a second time will load the fully reply page.

The quick reply box should suffice for 95% of posts made to TBN. You can easily add bold, italics, underline, links, and upload attachments. Smileys are one click away.

Advantages to quick reply are:

- You don't have to load a second page to post a reply.
- After you post the reply, you don't have to re-load the thread page either. Your reply will be posted dynamically without a page refresh.
- You won't lose your spot in the thread after replying.
- You can reply to multiple messages in a thread without reloading the thread even once.
- You can reply without replying with quote.

Since we want to make the forum as user friendly as possible, I am open to feedback on this functionality. But please give it a couple of days and see how you like it. We'll take a poll on Thursday and if you guys really don't like it and want to switch back, we will. :thumbsup:

/ Quick Reply - Give it a try #3  
Hi Everybody,

Since we want to make the forum as user friendly as possible, I am open to feedback on this functionality. But please give it a couple of days and see how you like it. We'll take a poll on Thursday and if you guys really don't like it and want to switch back, we will. :thumbsup:

It is pretty darned slick. I discovered it and played with it right away and it is nice. Clicking "Go Advanced" was nice also, as the new advanced editor has a preview frame and other enhancements.

Pretty darned slick sir.

Well Done!
David

/ Quick Reply - Give it a try #4  
I am trying it right now so I will be subscribed, and therefore will be reminded of the functionality. I like the concept for sure.

/ Quick Reply - Give it a try #5  
I like the quick reply, it's pretty much the standard on all the forums I use. It lets you put in pictures and links, that's about all you really need for replies.

/ Quick Reply - Give it a try #6  
I just used it on another thread and I think it works fine.

/ Quick Reply - Give it a try #7  
So glad to see the quick reply is back. I missed it.

/ Quick Reply - Give it a try #8  
I've now been using it. I'd say leave it.

Chad

/ Quick Reply - Give it a try #9  
I am open to feedback on this functionality.

:thumbdown: There is no "Preview Post" button so I don't like the Quick Reply. Also don't like having the extra step of clicking "go advanced" to access all functionality.

/ Quick Reply - Give it a try #10  
:thumbdown: There is no "Preview Post" button so I don't like the Quick Reply. Also don't like having the extra step of clicking "go advanced" to access all functionality.

I just wrote a long post on hydraulic accumulators and I decided I needed to preview, so I pressed "go advanced" and there I had a preview. So, for most messages, I will used "quick reply" and if I get worried about the growing length forcing better proof reading, I will hit "go advanced."