Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Default Re: Duplicate Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CompactTractorFan View Post
    We seem to be having an issue with duplicate posts. Not only I have seen a lot of repeat posts by other members, but it is happening to me too. When I go to make a post, a window appears asking me if I want to stay on or leave the page (which I must do to make a post), then it posts double. This does not happen with all posts, only some.

Might want to look into it when you get a chance.
    happening to me about 1 in 10 posts.

no idea why..

Super Star Member
    Tractor

More, ~7 mins between these though:
    Post 1: I Won't Tell -- Do You Always Get a Required Permit? - Page 7
    Post 2: I Won't Tell -- Do You Always Get a Required Permit? - Page 7

Edit: This is post #4000 for me on TBN...

Aaron Z
    Last edited by aczlan; 07-17-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Quote Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
    More, ~7 mins between these though:
    Post 1: I Won't Tell -- Do You Always Get a Required Permit? - Page 7
    Post 2: I Won't Tell -- Do You Always Get a Required Permit? - Page 7

Edit: This is post #4000 for me on TBN...

Aaron Z
    AZ i think these were my fault. I did not get the pop up window, but i did not get a page reload and i remember hitting the back button and then hitting post again. Did not think it was 7 mins between them though? Think it was more of a computer hang up on my end?? But i did notice my dbl post followed soundguys dbl post!
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Super Star Member
    Tractor

Super Star Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonfor View Post
    AZ i think these were my fault. I did not get the pop up window, but i did not get a page reload and i remember hitting the back button and then hitting post again. Did not think it was 7 mins between them though? Think it was more of a computer hang up on my end?? But i did notice my dbl post followed soundguys dbl post!
    Interesting. On the 7 minutes between posts, I was going off of the date in the top left corner, one was 07-17-2012, 12:47 PM and the other was 07-17-2012, 12:50 PM.

Aaron Z

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

i get about 1 per day where I will get a box saying 'ok to navigate away from this page' doing so makes for a double post usually..

Super Star Member
    Tractor

Tractor
    1981 Yanmar 336D

It has happened to me as well. Same warning message box. It seems as though nothing happened, but when you click submit again it posts the second copy. The first never shows up because the page is updated via AJAX instead of a full refresh. Once you hit refresh you see them both.

I'm guessing plenty of people never even know they are double posting because they don't hit refresh.

Is the double post code in JS or server side?

If it is JS, it is likely getting blocked by the messagebox code, which then cancels out when the person chooses "stay on page". It seems as though the "stay on page" JS warning is sometimes not getting bypassed when 'submit' is clicked, but only sometimes. As others have noted, it only occurs about 3-5% of the time for me as well.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ― Aristotle

Yanmar 1981 YM336D

From this . . . . To this

Check out the full restoration project: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 . . . . Adding gauges? How-to

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Just got the popup to navigate away when i posted in another thread. It did not do anything when i hit "OK" but i noticed the round circle thing in IE was spinning meaning it was doing something. If i did not see that it did not look like anything was happening. I did not do anything, it took almost 2-3 mins for any refresh to happen and therefore no post was seen. Im guessing if i his the "post" button again i would of dbl posted. But i did not, i sat there like an Idiot for 3 mins just staring at it. But had i hit post it automatically goes to the thread showing you post, at least i think that is how its working?
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast