Duplicate Posts

/ Duplicate Posts #32  
Any word on the reason? Or a fix yet?

Why does this pop up show up? There must be something that gets through everynow and then on IE to make it think your leaving the page and then it screws up the posting and refresh time?

Its clearly a problem with this new software as it just showed up after then new format was loaded!

Who sells this stuff anyway, do you not get tech help from them? Im not a computer guru so im not toally versed in this stuff or how you implement it. But if other forums are running this format and not having this problem, is it some code you put in or the product?

/ Duplicate Posts #33  
I'm getting duplicate post again. Here's the url to one duplicate posts. In remembrance of my son. - Page 4

I usually delete the extra post but thought I would leave it this time to show that's it's happening to me too.

We'll see if it does the same thing on this post. lol

Chad

Edit. It seems to only do the duplicate post when I use quick reply. If I click go advanced it doesn't do it.

/ Duplicate Posts #34  
I got one today:
Post 1: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...-lowes-home-depot-vs-small-2.html#post2935851
Post 2: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...-lowes-home-depot-vs-small-2.html#post2935852 (deleted, so only mods/admins will see it)

Notes: When I hit the button to post the first time, it hung for ~30 seconds (no greyed out button, no "busy" icon in the tab, nothing). I clicked in the box to make an edit, wrote about 3 words, then it asked if I wanted to leave the page. I clicked no and then clicked save again.
BOTH posts were the same, the edits that I made after clicking on the post button the first time (but before clicking on it a second time) were not saved.
I subsequently edited the first post and deleted the second.

Aaron Z

/ Duplicate Posts #37  
This must be really complicated as there is no word on the issue?

/ Duplicate Posts #38  
This must be really complicated as there is no word on the issue?

I am going to start paying more attention to my actions on what exactly causes this to happen. I have just been deleting them, but I am not sure what the sequence of events is that causes it.. It only happens on some post. Probably less than 10%. But I am not sure. I am going to make an effort to keep better track.

James K0UA

/ Duplicate Posts #40  
Yeah, I'm looking into duplicating it on a consistent basis.