Duplicate Posts

/ Duplicate Posts #1  

CompactTractorFan

Tractor
Kubota BX25
We seem to be having an issue with duplicate posts. Not only I have seen a lot of repeat posts by other members, but it is happening to me too. When I go to make a post, a window appears asking me if I want to stay on or leave the page (which I must do to make a post), then it posts double. This does not happen with all posts, only some.

Might want to look into it when you get a chance. :thumbsup:

/ Duplicate Posts #2  
When it ask me to stay or leave I just leave and it post but you cant usually see it until you get out and go back into it.

/ Duplicate Posts #3  
I've seen the warning window Kyle mentioned, but I didn't get a duplicate post. It did take forever to complete the update though.

PH

/ Duplicate Posts #4  
Yep same thing, not every post but some.. I have been going back and deleting the duplicate post lately.

James K0UA

/ Duplicate Posts #5  
Yep same thing, not every post but some.. I have been going back and deleting the duplicate post lately.

James K0UA

And of course there's a time limit during which you can edit or remove your post. Otherwise, click on the little triangle in the lower left corner to "Report Post" and just type something like "double posting" or "duplicate post" and a moderator will remove it.

The double posting has only rarely happened to me, but it has happened, both before and after the latest upgrade.

/ Duplicate Posts #6  
Seems to me the "delete post" function disappeared with the new format.
Did I miss something?
How do you delete posts now?

/ Duplicate Posts #7  
Seems to me the "delete post" function disappeared with the new format.
Did I miss something?
How do you delete posts now?

edit post.. go advanced. the delete box is up at the top.

James K0UA

/ Duplicate Posts #8  

That's odd....it's right where it always was in the image, although k0ua sees it at the top in the go advanced window. I looked all over for it and could not find it the other day.
I think the pages load differently at different times. For example right now i'm using IE and I'm unable to go from "my profile" to "todays posts"...just won't work. I don't have a problem with firefox everything works good, although I still get the subscribe/register prompt everytime and have to close it even though I'm already a member.

/ Duplicate Posts #9  
Like James, I have just been deleting them; happens every once in a while for me.

/ Duplicate Posts #10  
What about the mobile app? How do you guys go about deleting posts on it? I'm on a Droid X and can't find anything in the app in regards to deleting a double post. I guess one could use the open in browser button and do it through the main site, but I just think there would be a way to do it from inside the app somehow.