Why can't I delete a post????

/ Why can't I delete a post???? #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
Have a duplicate post in "Rural Living" that I want to delete but when I click on "Edit/Delete" it WILL NOT give me the option to delete the post. Why not? All I have the option of doing is "Save" or "Go advanced" ???

/ Why can't I delete a post???? #2  
k0ua said:
edit post.. go advanced. the delete box is up at the top.

James K0UA

There's already a thread answering this in the "News/Feedback" section.

/ Why can't I delete a post????
There's already a thread answering this in the "News/Feedback" section.

Thanks, I read that but it does not address my issue. I composed a new thread in "Rural Living" about a sprayer fix, and tried to post it, and my browser hung up for 3-4 minutes and would not let me do anything, I had to go to Task manager and shut down my computer and restart it, and then I went to TBN/Rural Living again and my thread had not shown up so I redid it and posted it and then BOTH THREADS showed up. Apparently there is no means for someone to delete a THREAD, just a post. I can understand that, but in the situation I was in, as OP having having a near-dupicate thread with only one view on each and no replies there should have a way I could delete one of the threads.

/ Why can't I delete a post???? #4  
JD, one of your threads has 3 replies. The other had none, so I deleted the one with no replies. As mentioned above by others, you can delete your own posts, within a certain length of time, but I didn't know you couldn't delete a thread, if in fact, that's the case. But you can always click on the little triangle in the lower left corner of a post and ask the moderators to remove it for you.

Thanks Bird....I felt rather foolish that I started two near-identical threads because my ISP was so slow and was hoping there was a way to delete one of them. Appears not, and thanks for the information about how to inform a moderator that I want a thread removed, and for removing the one with no replies.

/ Why can't I delete a post???? #6  
Thanks Bird....I felt rather foolish that I started two near-identical threads because my ISP was so slow and was hoping there was a way to delete one of them. Appears not, and thanks for the information about how to inform a moderator that I want a thread removed, and for removing the one with no replies.

No need to feel foolish. It's happened to others, too.

/ Why can't I delete a post???? #7  
You should be able to edit/delete within 12 hours.

/ Why can't I delete a post???? #8  
There does seem to be a problem with double posts. My browser, Apple, has also hung up and done that. I see more doubles recently so I am sure others have had the problem.

MarkV

/ Why can't I delete a post???? #9  
For some reason since the update I have had multiple double posts, but the delete function has allowed me to delete the doubles.
I wonder if anyone is looking to fix the problem with what is causing the double posts

I should make another clarification of this thread....I originally stated I could not delete a POST, but the issue was I could not delete an unwanted and redundant THREAD....it appears there is no way for a member to delete a thread once it has shown up in the forums. Thank you, Muhammad....and also to Bird for taking the time to clarify the issue.