Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

Default Why can't I delete a post????

Have a duplicate post in "Rural Living" that I want to delete but when I click on "Edit/Delete" it WILL NOT give me the option to delete the post. Why not? All I have the option of doing is "Save" or "Go advanced" ???
    Never be ashamed of making a mistake. The only people who never (bleep) up are people who never try to do something new.

"I have never learned from a man who agreed with me." Attributed to Robert A. Heinlein

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    1953 Farmall Super M

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua

edit post.. go advanced. the delete box is up at the top.

James K0UA
    There's already a thread answering this in the "News/Feedback" section.
    Lincoln 400-SAE Gas Powered Welder
    Forney 225AMP AC Welder
    1953 Farmall Super M Duals Wide Front 3pt
    1951 McCormick-Deering WD6
    1949 Case LA
    19522 Allis-Chalmers TL-10 Tracto-Loader

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from a lot of bad judgment. -Anonymous

Tractor

Default Re: Why can't I delete a post????

Quote Originally Posted by bbrown4804 View Post
    There's already a thread answering this in the "News/Feedback" section.
    Thanks, I read that but it does not address my issue. I composed a new thread in "Rural Living" about a sprayer fix, and tried to post it, and my browser hung up for 3-4 minutes and would not let me do anything, I had to go to Task manager and shut down my computer and restart it, and then I went to TBN/Rural Living again and my thread had not shown up so I redid it and posted it and then BOTH THREADS showed up. Apparently there is no means for someone to delete a THREAD, just a post. I can understand that, but in the situation I was in, as OP having having a near-dupicate thread with only one view on each and no replies there should have a way I could delete one of the threads.
    Never be ashamed of making a mistake. The only people who never (bleep) up are people who never try to do something new.

"I have never learned from a man who agreed with me." Attributed to Robert A. Heinlein

JD, one of your threads has 3 replies. The other had none, so I deleted the one with no replies. As mentioned above by others, you can delete your own posts, within a certain length of time, but I didn't know you couldn't delete a thread, if in fact, that's the case. But you can always click on the little triangle in the lower left corner of a post and ask the moderators to remove it for you.
    Bird

Tractor

Thanks Bird....I felt rather foolish that I started two near-identical threads because my ISP was so slow and was hoping there was a way to delete one of them. Appears not, and thanks for the information about how to inform a moderator that I want a thread removed, and for removing the one with no replies.

Quote Originally Posted by JDgreen227 View Post
    Thanks Bird....I felt rather foolish that I started two near-identical threads because my ISP was so slow and was hoping there was a way to delete one of them. Appears not, and thanks for the information about how to inform a moderator that I want a thread removed, and for removing the one with no replies.
    No need to feel foolish. It's happened to others, too.
    Bird

Administrator
    Tractor
    None currently

You should be able to edit/delete within 12 hours.
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

Tractor
    1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39

There does seem to be a problem with double posts. My browser, Apple, has also hung up and done that. I see more doubles recently so I am sure others have had the problem.

MarkV

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat

For some reason since the update I have had multiple double posts, but the delete function has allowed me to delete the doubles.
    I wonder if anyone is looking to fix the problem with what is causing the double posts

Tractor

I should make another clarification of this thread....I originally stated I could not delete a POST, but the issue was I could not delete an unwanted and redundant THREAD....it appears there is no way for a member to delete a thread once it has shown up in the forums. Thank you, Muhammad....and also to Bird for taking the time to clarify the issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast