Site Update!

/ Site Update! #1  

Ibrahim

Administrator
Tractor
My CPU is a neural net processor.
Alright Folks,

Today we've been up and down numerous times as I restarted the server (I bet you thought it was your connection. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

I finished the changes I wanted to make. And I'll review and monitor it a bit more to see if we can't tweak some things.

The major slowdowns in the past hour were from me running benchmarks on the server. Just to see how fast an increase we would get in terms of speed.

According to the benchmark, we're looking at a 160-200% increase in speed. But it certainly feels a lot zippier to me, so I'm gonna estimate anywhere up to 400% increase in some areas. And the more people use it, the more the speed will keep up.

For those interested, we added Caching to the PHP side of things using <a href="http://apc.communityconnect.com">APC</a>. So now, instead of having to run each php script when it's accessed, our server keeps them cached and just throws them out quicker.

Let me make an analogy. Say you have to mow your lawn. Every week you gotta get out there, hook up the various attachments, start your mower. But if you were running our new cache system, you'd go out to your yard, find your mower started, all set up, and at the very corner of your lawn, ready to go.

Got it?

-Ibrahim

/ Site Update! #2  
How do I set my computer up to have my lawn mower running and ready for me? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Site Update! #3  
But could it mow FOR me?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I did experience a slow down tonight when posting, but it's great now THX