Search Option????

/ Search Option???? #1  

kyles974

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320 with 200cx FEL...RM550 Woods Finish Mower...GradeMaster Grader....Ratchet Rake
Why is it when I do a search.....oh lets say like the one I just did:

"2320 battery"

....I get every thread thats says 2320 AND battery in the title.:eek:

Is there a way to search with the use of two words and get any thread saying those two words in it?

I can't seem to find that option in the search page.:confused:

.......because, I hate to sound so negative, but a search like this is .......well.......let'as just say very tuff to use.:mad:

/ Search Option???? #2  
If you put quotes "2320 battery" around the word combination it will search for that exact phrase.

/ Search Option???? #3  
Try Google and type the following (without the brackets).

[site:tractorbynet.com "2320 battery"]

/ Search Option???? #4  
rekees4300 said:

+1... I do the same things on a bunch of sites including TBN. Google knows search!

/ Search Option????
If you put quotes "2320 battery" around the word combination it will search for that exact phrase.

isn't funny......I put the "quotes" around it here, LOL :laughing:
/....................anyhow, THANKS!

This helps greatly:drink:

......ps, my wife is hating me tonight.........search engine, here I come!:dance1:

/ Search Option????
ok, well, I tried the "quotes here with no luck........google next

/ Search Option???? #7  
ok, well, I tried the "quotes here with no luck........google next

I also tried that here and the quotes appear to have no effect on the search results. Far as I know there isn't any TBN help info available to explain how the Search function works.

/ Search Option???? #8  
In a recent thread, Muhammad said that the search feature is broken (it uses an "OR" keyword search rather than an "AND" keyword search) and will be replaced by a google custom search "soon"

Aaron Z

/ Search Option???? #9  
I also tried that here and the quotes appear to have no effect on the search results. Far as I know there isn't any TBN help info available to explain how the Search function works.

Interesting.... It works for me, but I'm on a Mac. Don't know if that makes a difference.