what's up with virus warinigs when trying to read forums?

/ what's up with virus warinigs when trying to read forums? #1  

namesray

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota rtv900: kubota mx5200
ok, i see somthing simular was posted, but with only 7 replies at this time and no new ones for a while, i am still having problems with dangerous site warnings from mcaffee virus software but only when clicking on a specific thread to read. and also if i go through the specific froum, such as "hydraulics" or "kubota owning/operating" i usually get through with a "green site" no problems, but if i go through "today's posts" even though it can be the exact same thread as in the specific forum, i always get a warning. what's up? like more info please. has been going on for over a week now and i never had a problem before. thanks in advance and hopefully i can get through to read your responses.

/ what's up with virus warinigs when trying to read forums? #2  
I have Win 7, IE 9, and McAfee Antivirus Plus and do not get any warnings.

/ what's up with virus warinigs when trying to read forums? #3  
Well I've got IE7, Firefox and McAfee and am still getting those warnings every time I visit this site!

/ what's up with virus warinigs when trying to read forums?
i am not sure what stuff is on the computer (not good with computers), but think internet 8 and mcaffee anti virus. haven't changed anything, but lately the risky site stuff keeps poping up when trying to read threads. most of the time it comes up risky, but sometimes works fine and stays a safe green site. only on the threads it seems. the few other parts of the site i am on seems fine. anyway, i don't like it and am getting tired of it. it never used to happen.

/ what's up with virus warinigs when trying to read forums? #5  
I get a malware warning if searching through google at home. If I try that at work I get a virus warning.
Example: I just typed in gearbox tractorbynet on Google and clicked on one of the topics that came up.

/ what's up with virus warinigs when trying to read forums? #6  
Windows XP and Kaspersky and I get the warnings occasionally.

/ what's up with virus warinigs when trying to read forums?
Windows XP and Kaspersky and I get the warnings occasionally.

how long have you got the warnings? i never had a problem with this site until about week/ 2 weeks ago. something has changed either with this site or a virus software update. i am leaning heavily with this site as all other stuff i do works fine with the anti virus software. almost seems like an ad maybe (mentioned in other thread too) because most of the time i get the warnings, but sometimes on the exact same thread just a minute later or so, i get through fine and i know the ads change constantly. don't like it. has to be a reason. how secure is this place? also i have been getting the "blocked dangerous content" stuff more and more and those are outside links and ads because it will blot out the ad. don't like that either. wish there would be just the safe links/ads here as much as posible. i think that is slipping a bit. therre is too much internet scams to fool around with and take a chance on. what are you guys all doing? just ignoring it and keep on viewing, or changing options, or what?

/ what's up with virus warinigs when trying to read forums? #8  
I have only been getting the warnings during the last week.

/ what's up with virus warinigs when trying to read forums? #9  
Virus and malware warnings (regardless of the source) doesn't bode well for user confidence in any forum or website. Many people will simply leave after they get a virus or malware warning, never to be seen again.

/ what's up with virus warinigs when trying to read forums? #10  
ok, i see somthing simular was posted, but with only 7 replies at this time and no new ones for a while, i am still having problems with dangerous site warnings from mcaffee virus software but only when clicking on a specific thread to read. and also if i go through the specific froum, such as "hydraulics" or "kubota owning/operating" i usually get through with a "green site" no problems, but if i go through "today's posts" even though it can be the exact same thread as in the specific forum, i always get a warning. what's up? like more info please. has been going on for over a week now and i never had a problem before. thanks in advance and hopefully i can get through to read your responses.

Please post more info and take a screen shot of the page you are on as well as the warning you are getting.

It's almost definitely linked to cross-scripting or third party cookie blocking (all advertisement related). Of course, for registered users, the ads have not changed on our end.