why not point out the original poster of a thread

/ why not point out the original poster of a thread #1  

mikehaugen

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 1070
I have been to other forums where on the left column next to the username would say "op" in brackets to indicate that this person started the thread. This is useful when threads get long and you lose track of who was actually asking the question and they respond later on. This may have been asked before but I didn't find it.

/ why not point out the original poster of a thread #3  
In the main index of Topics it list the OP's name as "Thread starter" . It has your handle appearing at the left as starting this thread. The most current post will be in the right.

/ why not point out the original poster of a thread #4  
Yes, it's in the index but the information is lost once viewing the thread, unless one goes to the first post,....sounds like and interesting idea, useful, but not critical.

/ why not point out the original poster of a thread
obviously not critical, the site has been going for this long without it. I am a member on a photography forum and it does such; I use it and am used to it. When I come here I am always looking for that feature and forget that they don't do it here.

/ why not point out the original poster of a thread #6  
I think this is a good idea. I keep looking for it.

/ why not point out the original poster of a thread #7  
Yes, good Idea!!! Maybe Mr. M could do it.

/ why not point out the original poster of a thread #8  
texasjohn said:
Yes, it's in the index but the information is lost once viewing the thread, unless one goes to the first post,....sounds like and interesting idea, useful, but not critical.

Ok, I see what your talking about now. That could be helpful.

/ why not point out the original poster of a thread #9  
Im a little late, but count me in for thinking this is a good idea:thumbsup:

/ why not point out the original poster of a thread #10  
I agree it would be helpful, maybe it would help a little to keep the threads from side tracking so much. Some get way off topic. Not that this would prevent people from doing it, but it would be a subtle reminder.