Anybody know which one of my posts got deleted...???

/ Anybody know which one of my posts got deleted...??? #31  
.... I don't have to read any thread on here and neither does anyone else.

It's too late by then Ethel. You already read it.

And I hollered over t' Ethel, I said, "Don't
look, Ethel!" But it's too late, she'd already been incensed

/ Anybody know which one of my posts got deleted...??? #32  

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Anybody know which one of my posts got deleted...??? #34  
Pardon me, sir, did you see what happened?

(Witness):
Yeah, I did. I's just in here gettin my car checked, he just appeared
out of the traffic. Come streakin' around the grease rack there, didn't
have nothin' on but a smile. I looked in there, and Ethel was gettin'
her a cold drink. I hollered, "Don't look, Ethel!" But it was too
late. She'd already been mooned. Flashed her right there in front of
the shock absorbers.

/ Anybody know which one of my posts got deleted...??? #35  

Yeah, but a lot of Ethel's keep on reading the whole thread and get out of their mind incensed.

/ Anybody know which one of my posts got deleted...??? #36  
I'm not sure when "streaking" got started, but I think Ray Stevens' song was recorded in 1974. In the Winter of 1974, I was a watch commander in the jail when officers brought in two brothers around 2 o'clock in the morning. I always think of them when "streaking" is mentioned. Now these two weren't exactly kids. They were in their mid-20s and they had decided to strip off and "streak" across the parking lot in front of an all night convenience store on Industrial Blvd. It probably would have been uneventful if it hadn't been for a squad car turning into the parking lot just as these two ran naked in front of the store; just their bad luck. The store backs up to the Trinity River levee; no lights or anything else between the back of the store and the levee except a storage building and a ditch full of water. Instead of running back to their car, when the brothers saw the squad car, they ran around behind the store. It was dark, and it was cold. One of them ran full tilt into the side of the storage building; knocked himself out cold. It took the 2 officers a few minutes to find the other brother; he was lying in the water in that ditch trying to hide.

So when the officers brought the 2 brothers to the jail, one had a few scrapes and scratches on his face from hitting that building running just as fast as he could run, and the other was wet and cold.:laughing: I'm pretty sure this was their first, and last, attempt at streaking.:laughing:

/ Anybody know which one of my posts got deleted...??? #37  
In 1974 I was 11 years old but I do remember that song and what a fad streaking was. I remember my dad pulling is pants down so is bare butt was showing and running across the yard singing that song. My mom, sister, brother and I laughing our backsides off. Glad you told that story, it brought back a fond memory for me.

/ Anybody know which one of my posts got deleted...??? #38  
I doubt there's many people who don't know about the song, but just in case, they can go to The Streak on YouTube.

/ Anybody know which one of my posts got deleted...??? #39  
I'm not sure when "streaking" got started, but I think Ray Stevens' song was recorded in 1974. In the Winter of 1974, I was a watch commander in the jail when officers brought in two brothers around 2 o'clock in the morning. I always think of them when "streaking" is mentioned. Now these two weren't exactly kids. They were in their mid-20s and they had decided to strip off and "streak" across the parking lot in front of an all night convenience store on Industrial Blvd. It probably would have been uneventful if it hadn't been for a squad car turning into the parking lot just as these two ran naked in front of the store; just their bad luck. The store backs up to the Trinity River levee; no lights or anything else between the back of the store and the levee except a storage building and a ditch full of water. Instead of running back to their car, when the brothers saw the squad car, they ran around behind the store. It was dark, and it was cold. One of them ran full tilt into the side of the storage building; knocked himself out cold. It took the 2 officers a few minutes to find the other brother; he was lying in the water in that ditch trying to hide.

So when the officers brought the 2 brothers to the jail, one had a few scrapes and scratches on his face from hitting that building running just as fast as he could run, and the other was wet and cold.:laughing: I'm pretty sure this was their first, and last, attempt at streaking.:laughing:

Bird, I grew up in the country, so "streaking" wasn't new as after hauling hay all day, we often stopped on a bridge, stripped down and dove in to wash off the dirt, sand burrs/cockle burrs etc. What I remember about the streaking fade was those streaking really weren't the ones you cared to see...:(

/ Anybody know which one of my posts got deleted...??? #40  
Bird, I grew up in the country, so "streaking" wasn't new as after hauling hay all day, we often stopped on a bridge, stripped down and dove in to wash off the dirt, sand burrs/cockle burrs etc. What I remember about the streaking fade was those streaking really weren't the ones you cared to see...:(

I can sure understand that. I learned to swim and in my early teens did more swimming without a bathing suit than with. But we didn't get out in public like that.:laughing: When you only take a bath in the house on Saturday night, you gotta wash and cool off some other way the rest of the week.