Anybody know which one of my posts got deleted...???

/ Anybody know which one of my posts got deleted...??? #41  
I can sure understand that. I learned to swim and in my early teens did more swimming without a bathing suit than with. But we didn't get out in public like that.:laughing: When you only take a bath in the house on Saturday night, you gotta wash and cool off some other way the rest of the week.

Where I grew up traffic was so scarce, we just parked the hay truck on the bridge and never had to move it that I remember. A couple of places, we had someone with a .22 doing overwatch because of the snakes; wonder I lived to grow up.

Our "bathroom" was a galvanized wash tub in the kitchen area and about once a week supplement by jumping in drainage ditches.:)

/ Anybody know which one of my posts got deleted...??? #42  
Where I grew up traffic was so scarce, we just parked the hay truck on the bridge and never had to move it that I remember. A couple of places, we had someone with a .22 doing overwatch because of the snakes; wonder I lived to grow up.

Our "bathroom" was a galvanized wash tub in the kitchen area and about once a week supplement by jumping in drainage ditches.:)

All that sounds familiar. We've killed snakes at the same stock tank or pond where we went swimming. We were told that snakes didn't bite under water so we thought we were safe, even if the information wasn't true.:laughing:

And I can still remember taking a bath in the galvanized wash tub in the middle of the kitchen floor with water heated on the cookstove. We had to take a bath and polish our shoes on Saturday night to be ready to go to church Sunday morning.

And I guess we were better off than a lot of our neighbors. At least from the time I was big enough to remember, we had electric lights in the house (had to carry a kerosene lantern to the barn to do the milking) and we had a butane or propane cookstove. But we thought we were really doing great when Dad bought a place that had a windmill. He bought a tank and built a stand to get it up overhead to give it enough pressure to have running water in the house; initially only cold water to the kitchen sink, but later put in a water heater, septic system, and bathroom so we were living like those rich folks in town.:laughing:

/ Anybody know which one of my posts got deleted...??? #43  
All that sounds familiar. We've killed snakes at the same stock tank or pond where we went swimming. We were told that snakes didn't bite under water so we thought we were safe, even if the information wasn't true.:laughing:

And I can still remember taking a bath in the galvanized wash tub in the middle of the kitchen floor with water heated on the cookstove. We had to take a bath and polish our shoes on Saturday night to be ready to go to church Sunday morning.

And I guess we were better off than a lot of our neighbors. At least from the time I was big enough to remember, we had electric lights in the house (had to carry a kerosene lantern to the barn to do the milking) and we had a butane or propane cookstove. But we thought we were really doing great when Dad bought a place that had a windmill. He bought a tank and built a stand to get it up overhead to give it enough pressure to have running water in the house; initially only cold water to the kitchen sink, but later put in a water heater, septic system, and bathroom so we were living like those rich folks in town.:laughing:

I can sure relate, I barely remember when REA came in with electricity. Then in my teen years, mom sold a couple of cattle to get the money for running water and a bathroom. Dad was an over the road trucker and when he came home, he about stroked out, but it was too late then; livin the dream; livin the dream...:laughing:

/ Anybody know which one of my posts got deleted...??? #44  
O.K., I've always had hot and cold running water and moderm plumbing. But I do remember people streaking in the 70s. That seems primative. :)

/ Anybody know which one of my posts got deleted...??? #45  
O.K., I've always had hot and cold running water and moderm plumbing. But I do remember people streaking in the 70s. That seems primative. :)

/ Anybody know which one of my posts got deleted...??? #47  
... I do remember people streaking in the 70s. :)
in 2004 I coached a team of 17/18s year old that went to the Little League Senior Division Canadian championship. Inbetween innings, late in the championship game a player from the team that did not win a single game streaked from left field. Wearing only a jock strap he looped past shortstop to the surprise of the umpire standing there. He then made his exit over the centerfield fence. It seemed like a fitting way to punctuate their losing streak.
There was nothing but laughter from the crowd.

/ Anybody know which one of my posts got deleted...??? #48  
In the winter, we took a bath in a galvanized tub in the kitchen. During warmer months, we moved the tub to an extra smokehouse building. We collected the water in a galvanized trash can and heated the water on the electric stove. The kitchen floor was linoleum, thus making it easier to clean up the water. Our Mother would get pretty mad if we boys made too big of a MESS.

/ Anybody know which one of my posts got deleted...??? #50  
In the winter, we took a bath in a galvanized tub in the kitchen. During warmer months, we moved the tub to an extra smokehouse building. We collected the water in a galvanized trash can and heated the water on the electric stove. The kitchen floor was linoleum, thus making it easier to clean up the water. Our Mother would get pretty mad if we boys made too big of a MESS.

We had a gawdawful yellow linoleum floor and mom didn't much care if we messed the floor up; guess who was in charge of mopping floors...:(