Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

Default JD gauge ad is obscuring information

The JD gauge ad at the right side is now obscuring much of the "last post" information for the newest four threads in every forum, at least on my computer. Is it an issue for anyone else?
    Never be ashamed of making a mistake. The only people who never (bleep) up are people who never try to do something new.

"I have never learned from a man who agreed with me." Attributed to Robert A. Heinlein

Tractor
    Kubota L3700SUHST

Default Re: JD gauge ad is obscuring information

nope. no issue on my laptop with the ads.
    Kubota L3700SUHST, AG-Meier Mohawk 5' Rotary Cutter, Armstrong AG 5' Boxblade, Armstrong AG 5' Landscape Rake
    Scotts 50560x8 50" Riding Mower

Tractor
    New Holland TC35D, Case TR320 CTL

If I accidentally drag my cursor over the ad it gets bigger. Doesn't go away without hitting the "x". Very annoying!
    John

My Work & Stuff Photo Thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...to-thread.html

Reshaping the world...One bucket-load at a time.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 5105, IH-Case 255, JD 3038E

Similiar to what RDrancher said, if I hold my mouse pointer over the ad, it gets larger and have to click the "close" button at the upper left of the ad to get it back to normal size. In the larger size, it does cover up some of the posts. Tried switching text size and zoom levels in windows IE view settings, but no effects from changing from the defaults, so that should not cause the problem for you. Keep your mouse pointer off the ad and see if it still causes the problem or see if it goes away.

Tractor
    YM3810D Yanmar

It is aggravating to me too I hate pop ups if I want a JD I know where to get one.
    Yanmar YM3810D, LT duty 3pt hoe, 6' KK2 tiller, 6' KK box blade, 6 1/2' KK disc, 5' Howse bush hog, 5' Howse back blade, 9" Yellow PHD, 3 Husky chain saws 346XP NE, 359, 372XP. 07 HD Heritage Softail, Crack injectors, check compression, take 2 beers and call me. "Hey you didn't build that."

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Fossil Farm View Post
    Similiar to what RDrancher said, if I hold my mouse pointer over the ad, it gets larger and have to click the "close" button at the upper left of the ad to get it back to normal size. In the larger size, it does cover up some of the posts. Tried switching text size and zoom levels in windows IE view settings, but no effects from changing from the defaults, so that should not cause the problem for you. Keep your mouse pointer off the ad and see if it still causes the problem or see if it goes away.
    It never goes away...even with my mouse pointer away from it....I don't have an issue with ads here UNLESS they obscure the posts.
    Never be ashamed of making a mistake. The only people who never (bleep) up are people who never try to do something new.

"I have never learned from a man who agreed with me." Attributed to Robert A. Heinlein

Tractor
    YM3810D Yanmar

It goes away for me if I take the extra step to find and click on the close in the upper left hand corner its just annoying to me.
    Yanmar YM3810D, LT duty 3pt hoe, 6' KK2 tiller, 6' KK box blade, 6 1/2' KK disc, 5' Howse bush hog, 5' Howse back blade, 9" Yellow PHD, 3 Husky chain saws 346XP NE, 359, 372XP. 07 HD Heritage Softail, Crack injectors, check compression, take 2 beers and call me. "Hey you didn't build that."

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Car Doc View Post
    It goes away for me if I take the extra step to find and click on the close in the upper left hand corner its just annoying to me.
    Doesn't go away for me no matter what....I can close the bigger ad but the smaller one that obscures the posts NEVER GOES AWAY. Appears TBN is trying to discourage my participation here by censorship.

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

It probably a combination of what browser you are using and what screen resolution you are set to.
    MossRoad

Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 5105, IH-Case 255, JD 3038E

If it is the smaller ad covering up the posts, then yes, as MossRoad said, check your display settings for your monitor. Write down what they
    currently are before changing so you know your starting point. Right click on a blank area of your desktop, a menu will pop up, at the bottom of the menu is "Properties" select this then select the "settings" tab if you are using Windows XP. You can slide the bar back and forth - probably to a higher number. Of course this depends on your video card and monitor, but those are the basics. Each video card and monitor have a "native" setting that gives the best picture. Hope this makes sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast