Post removal help please.

/ Post removal help please. #12  
Unless it's his thread,,,,

Actually, it was his.
Yes, the thread I was talking about was the one started by bird. What I found odd was that a series of five or so posts on that thread were removed. Just wondering if anyone has ever seen that happen. Thanks again.
I'd expect extra diligence on his part if it was his thread.

/ Post removal help please. #13  
Politics are discussed in the Friendly Political forum which you can access by request and after you have been here a while. But WARNING - The definition of friendly to some includes personal attacks and insults - it's become a dark place where you might not want to go. If you can look past the dark side of human nature it is a good place to learn everything you don't want to know about politics.

/ Post removal help please. #14  
I'd expect extra diligence on his part if it was his thread.

Yes, I started the Global Warming thread, but did you notice the date I started it?:laughing: The fact is that I haven't even looked at that thread the last few years except when some other member reports something wrong in it.

/ Post removal help please. #15  
Yes, I started the Global Warming thread, but did you notice the date I started it?:laughing: The fact is that I haven't even looked at that thread the last few years except when some other member reports something wrong in it.

Is it getting warmer yet? :laughing:

/ Post removal help please. #16  
I've seen that happen a number of times. It would be nice if the offending post was just replaced by a "post deleted by X moderator due to [reason]" and then the replies replaced by something like "reply to deleted post deleted".
It would remind us to not be so offensive, plus would help ME not think I was just dreaming about the missing posts :)
I like the idea of a note saying that a post by user X was deleted for <Reason>, but I would leave the moderator anonymous... If you feel that a moderator is abusing their power, take it up with Muhammad, but in the same vein as PMs about deleted posts, many people would take it personally anytime someone deleted their posts and that would get nasty in a hurry.

Aaron Z