Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3616 hst cab

Default Post removal help please.

Could someone explain to me how 5 or 6 posts on the global warming thread, could disappear? They are not on the thread and the one I posted is not on my posting log. Little help here from the veterans would be appreciated.

Just going by memory, but I don't believe there was any foul language, at least I know mine did not.
    Last edited by jefwyn; 11-01-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Default Re: Post removal help please.

I went to the SEARCH section at the top of this page and typed in "Global Warming". All the threads appeared in the list. Best wishes.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    Mahindra 3616 hst cab

Quote Originally Posted by creekbend View Post
    I went to the SEARCH section at the top of this page and typed in "Global Warming". All the threads appeared in the list. Best wishes.
    Thanks, but I may not have said what I meant correctly. I see all the posts, except there was a series of five or so that were removed.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

BTW, I saw two threads by TBN members relating to Global Warming and many others relating to weather trends. They were by Bird and tcreeley. I didn't see a thread started by you. Perhaps, you may send a PM to the administrators? Best wishes.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Posts can "disappear" when they are removed by moderators. And when a post is removed, replies to that post are usually also removed, since they might not make sense without the original post.
    Bird

Tractor
    Mahindra 3616 hst cab

Yes, the thread I was talking about was the one started by bird. What I found odd was that a series of five or so posts on that thread were removed. Just wondering if anyone has ever seen that happen. Thanks again.

Tractor
    Mahindra 3616 hst cab

Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    Posts can "disappear" when they are removed by moderators. And when a post is removed, replies to that post are usually also removed, since they might not make sense without the original post.
    Thanks, the post I responded to may have been border line, I did not think so, but can see how others may. My response to that post was benign and thats why I wondered about it. Your answer makes sense.

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

I've seen that happen a number of times. It would be nice if the offending post was just replaced by a "post deleted by X moderator due to [reason]" and then the replies replaced by something like "reply to deleted post deleted".

It would remind us to not be so offensive, plus would help ME not think I was just dreaming about the missing posts

/edit - it's kind of like me looking for my glasses or car keys. I knew I put them THERE!, only to much later find out that SWMBO moved them for some reason I'd say it drives me nuts but SWMBO says I've already arrived there.
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, 2 Piranha's, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller, 5' Big Bee cutter, with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all
    My saws - JD CS 62, efco 3500, Stihls - 021, 660 w/woods mod, 660 w/ DP muffler, 088, Woodmizer LT10

Tractor
    Mahindra 3616 hst cab

Quote Originally Posted by newbury View Post
    I've seen that happen a number of times. It would be nice if the offending post was just replaced by a "post deleted by X moderator due to [reason]" and then the replies replaced by something like "reply to deleted post deleted".

It would remind us to not be so offensive, plus would help ME not think I was just dreaming about the missing posts

/edit - it's kind of like me looking for my glasses or car keys. I knew I put them THERE!, only to much later find out that SWMBO moved them for some reason I'd say it drives me nuts but SWMBO says I've already arrived there.
    Yeah, I thought I was loosing my mind. It was there and then gone.
    You're only nuts when you don't know you're nuts. If you think you're nuts, you're ok!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    JD cut

Posts can disappear and threads locked if Bird doesn't like the content. They become too "political".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast