Post removal help please.

/ Post removal help please. #1  

jefwyn

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3616 hst cab
Could someone explain to me how 5 or 6 posts on the global warming thread, could disappear? They are not on the thread and the one I posted is not on my posting log. Little help here from the veterans would be appreciated.

Just going by memory, but I don't believe there was any foul language, at least I know mine did not.

Last edited:
   / Post removal help please. #2  
I went to the SEARCH section at the top of this page and typed in "Global Warming". All the threads appeared in the list. Best wishes.

/ Post removal help please.
I went to the SEARCH section at the top of this page and typed in "Global Warming". All the threads appeared in the list. Best wishes.

Thanks, but I may not have said what I meant correctly. I see all the posts, except there was a series of five or so that were removed.

/ Post removal help please. #4  
BTW, I saw two threads by TBN members relating to Global Warming and many others relating to weather trends. They were by Bird and tcreeley. I didn't see a thread started by you. Perhaps, you may send a PM to the administrators? Best wishes.

/ Post removal help please. #5  
Posts can "disappear" when they are removed by moderators. And when a post is removed, replies to that post are usually also removed, since they might not make sense without the original post.

Yes, the thread I was talking about was the one started by bird. What I found odd was that a series of five or so posts on that thread were removed. Just wondering if anyone has ever seen that happen. Thanks again.

Posts can "disappear" when they are removed by moderators. And when a post is removed, replies to that post are usually also removed, since they might not make sense without the original post.

Thanks, the post I responded to may have been border line, I did not think so, but can see how others may. My response to that post was benign and thats why I wondered about it. Your answer makes sense.

/ Post removal help please. #8  
I've seen that happen a number of times. It would be nice if the offending post was just replaced by a "post deleted by X moderator due to [reason]" and then the replies replaced by something like "reply to deleted post deleted".

It would remind us to not be so offensive, plus would help ME not think I was just dreaming about the missing posts :)

/edit - it's kind of like me looking for my glasses or car keys. I knew I put them THERE!, only to much later find out that SWMBO moved them for some reason :) I'd say it drives me nuts but SWMBO says I've already arrived there.

I've seen that happen a number of times. It would be nice if the offending post was just replaced by a "post deleted by X moderator due to [reason]" and then the replies replaced by something like "reply to deleted post deleted".

It would remind us to not be so offensive, plus would help ME not think I was just dreaming about the missing posts :)

/edit - it's kind of like me looking for my glasses or car keys. I knew I put them THERE!, only to much later find out that SWMBO moved them for some reason :) I'd say it drives me nuts but SWMBO says I've already arrived there.

Yeah, I thought I was loosing my mind. It was there and then gone.
You're only nuts when you don't know you're nuts. If you think you're nuts, you're ok!

/ Post removal help please. #10  
Posts can disappear and threads locked if Bird doesn't like the content. They become too "political".