Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

Default Videos being posted EVERYWHERE.

Why do so many of the members post videos in forums other than the "Videos" forum, which is the proper place for them? I suggest you post a reminder to that effect.
    Rather than worry about the things you want but don't have, be grateful for the things you don't want and don't have.

I didn't plan to do much of anything today, but by noon I was almost half done.

Tractor
    Kubota L3200

Default Re: Videos being posted EVERYWHERE.

There's also a photos forum -- you want us to only put photos there too? I think it's probably an artifact of an older time when videos weren't as common or as easy to embed. I think it makes sense to have the video or photo where it's most relevant, and that would be in the topic thread. Having separate forums for multimedia is probably an outdated concept at this point.

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

I think that if it is related to the thread (ie: 4shorts posting a picture of his "Kioti Killer II" with all of the lights going in the thread discussing the mods to his tractor) there isn't any problem with it.
    On the other hand, the "photos" forum is probbaly a good place to put pictures of the 12 point whitetail that you got on the trail camera...

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Is there some FAQ that says only post videos in the Video forum?
    Only post politics in the Friendly Politics forum is there someplace.
    And by the way - where is the rule FAQ?
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

Quote Originally Posted by newbury View Post
    Is there some FAQ that says only post videos in the Video forum?
    Only post politics in the Friendly Politics forum is there someplace.
    And by the way - where is the rule FAQ?
    There were recently vids of a turbocharged tractor posted in several forums...duplicates....so perhaps if members posted videos in that forum it would eliminate some of the duplicates.
    Rather than worry about the things you want but don't have, be grateful for the things you don't want and don't have.

I didn't plan to do much of anything today, but by noon I was almost half done.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    PT 422

Just means that people want to post where they post. Maybe they only hang out in the power trac forum and have friends they are familiar with so they post there. I don't see a problem. Maybe the solution is to remove the video forum, but that would be fixing a problem that doesn't exist.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by s219 View Post
    There's also a photos forum -- you want us to only put photos there too? I think it's probably an artifact of an older time when videos weren't as common or as easy to embed. I think it makes sense to have the video or photo where it's most relevant, and that would be in the topic thread. Having separate forums for multimedia is probably an outdated concept at this point.
    Yeah rite: Sounds like a dumb down idea to me .
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Administrator
    Tractor
    None currently

The same videos generally shouldn't be posted in multiple threads for no logical reason, but if a video is relevant to the discussion, then I think it's fine if it goes in a forum other than the videos forum.
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

Video is what it is. So long as it's not spam, who cares where it's posted?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    SSTT (Sideways Snake Tain Tractor) and STB (sideways train box) tractor, dirt harvester

being on dialup, for many many years. video sucks the life out of dailup connection. it might be nice to "disable" video, or instead of "embeding" the video, let the user control a setting in there control panel to just show a link. vs displaying a video.

though now i have high speed internet, lets seem them pictures and videos! more the better!
    Ryan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast