Videos being posted EVERYWHERE.

/ Videos being posted EVERYWHERE. #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
Why do so many of the members post videos in forums other than the "Videos" forum, which is the proper place for them? I suggest you post a reminder to that effect.

/ Videos being posted EVERYWHERE. #2  
There's also a photos forum -- you want us to only put photos there too? I think it's probably an artifact of an older time when videos weren't as common or as easy to embed. I think it makes sense to have the video or photo where it's most relevant, and that would be in the topic thread. Having separate forums for multimedia is probably an outdated concept at this point.

/ Videos being posted EVERYWHERE. #3  
I think that if it is related to the thread (ie: 4shorts posting a picture of his "Kioti Killer II" with all of the lights going in the thread discussing the mods to his tractor) there isn't any problem with it.
On the other hand, the "photos" forum is probbaly a good place to put pictures of the 12 point whitetail that you got on the trail camera...

Aaron Z

/ Videos being posted EVERYWHERE. #4  
Is there some FAQ that says only post videos in the Video forum?
Only post politics in the Friendly Politics forum is there someplace.
And by the way - where is the rule FAQ?

/ Videos being posted EVERYWHERE.
Is there some FAQ that says only post videos in the Video forum?
Only post politics in the Friendly Politics forum is there someplace.
And by the way - where is the rule FAQ?

There were recently vids of a turbocharged tractor posted in several forums...duplicates....so perhaps if members posted videos in that forum it would eliminate some of the duplicates.

/ Videos being posted EVERYWHERE. #6  
Just means that people want to post where they post. Maybe they only hang out in the power trac forum and have friends they are familiar with so they post there. I don't see a problem. Maybe the solution is to remove the video forum, but that would be fixing a problem that doesn't exist.

/ Videos being posted EVERYWHERE. #7  
There's also a photos forum -- you want us to only put photos there too? I think it's probably an artifact of an older time when videos weren't as common or as easy to embed. I think it makes sense to have the video or photo where it's most relevant, and that would be in the topic thread. Having separate forums for multimedia is probably an outdated concept at this point.

Yeah rite: Sounds like a dumb down idea to me .

/ Videos being posted EVERYWHERE. #8  
The same videos generally shouldn't be posted in multiple threads for no logical reason, but if a video is relevant to the discussion, then I think it's fine if it goes in a forum other than the videos forum.

/ Videos being posted EVERYWHERE. #9  
Video is what it is. So long as it's not spam, who cares where it's posted?

/ Videos being posted EVERYWHERE. #10  
being on dialup, for many many years. video sucks the life out of dailup connection. it might be nice to "disable" video, or instead of "embeding" the video, let the user control a setting in there control panel to just show a link. vs displaying a video.

though now i have high speed internet, lets seem them pictures and videos! more the better!