Log-in/Sign -up pop-up appears to fast

/ Log-in/Sign -up pop-up appears to fast #1  

PhilNH5

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B3000HSDCC
I read TBN from various PCs. None are set to "remember me".
I come to the forums menu and click on the "user name" box to begin signing in. I usually only get 2 characters of my name and the darn pop-up activates and messes up the whole process.

Is it really necessary to have the pop-up activate in such a short time? At least make it like 30 seconds so I can sign in without being assulted.

Thanks,
Phil

/ Log-in/Sign -up pop-up appears to fast #2  
I have the same problem. I wait for the popup and nothing happens, start typing and BAM, there it is. Very annoying.

Ken

/ Log-in/Sign -up pop-up appears to fast #3  
PhilNH5 said:
I read TBN from various PCs. None are set to "remember me".
I come to the forums menu and click on the "user name" box to begin signing in. I usually only get 2 characters of my name and the darn pop-up activates and messes up the whole process.

Is it really necessary to have the pop-up activate in such a short time? At least make it like 30 seconds so I can sign in without being assulted.

Thanks,
Phil

X2...

/ Log-in/Sign -up pop-up appears to fast #4  
This has been discussed before but I don't remember the solution. Can you not just wait until the pop up is displayed and then log in?

/ Log-in/Sign -up pop-up appears to fast #5  
The poop up doesn't show up until you start typing or click on something on the page.

/ Log-in/Sign -up pop-up appears to fast #6  
It's a real PITA for prudent browsers/lurkers...one solution is to kill the javascript... i.e., Firefox + "No Script" (add-on)

/ Log-in/Sign -up pop-up appears to fast #7  
The poop up doesn't show up until you start typing or click on something on the page.

Ah, I see. Well there goes my idea.

/ Log-in/Sign -up pop-up appears to fast #8  

Ok.. that's the last draw. When did TBN start puting poop on our screens? :eek:

/ Log-in/Sign -up pop-up appears to fast #9  
Mark me down as another who is tired of the pop up raising havoc. I use Opera and have it remember my log-in, since the pop-up happens so soon I no longer can log-in that way.

/ Log-in/Sign -up pop-up appears to fast #10  
The kid said:
Ok.. that's the last draw. When did TBN start puting poop on our screens? :eek:

Oops. I didn't notice that. My bad.