Ipad app not working

/ Ipad app not working #1  

rbarker

Veteran Member
Tractor
BX 25
Last night I updated the forum app for iPad from the App Store and it doesn't work correctly. It won't read the buttons on the bottom of the screen unless you keep turning the iPad so that the top is now bottom etc. quite a nuisance to say the least. I tried setting the app to "lock in portrait" but that doesn't help either. Anyone else having issues?

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Ipad app not working #2  
I never bothered. I just used the regular web page on the iPad.

/ Ipad app not working #4  
Last night I updated the forum app for iPad from the App Store and it doesn't work correctly. It won't read the buttons on the bottom of the screen unless you keep turning the iPad so that the top is now bottom etc. quite a nuisance to say the least. I tried setting the app to "lock in portrait" but that doesn't help either. Anyone else having issues?

Bob, what version app are you using. I have v1.4.0 installed. running iOS v5.1 ipad2 16Gb no issues.

/ Ipad app not working
Bob, what version app are you using. I have v1.4.0 installed. running iOS v5.1 ipad2 16Gb no issues.

It's version 1.6.0 updated on December 9, 2012. I'm using Os6.1 on a new generation iPad and it worked fine before I installed the app update. I know I can use it through the web browser but it is much more convenient with the forum app.

Oh well.....

/ Ipad app not working #7  
It's version 1.6.0 updated on December 9, 2012. I'm using Os6.1 on a new generation iPad and it worked fine before I installed the app update. I know I can use it through the web browser but it is much more convenient with the forum app.

Oh well.....

I am having the same problem... updated last night and now the App doesn't work correctly. Same version works find on the iPhone, but not on the iPad :confused3:

/ Ipad app not working #8  

Oh well.....

Odd that either my andriod phone nor ipad has asked me to upgrade. Maybe it's because I''ve never upgraded my iOS. Normally the ipad will have a flag showing TBN has an update.

EDIT: Just a note, double click the homes key and make sure you don't have a bunch of open apps. Clear that and reinstall TBN app.

Last edited:
   / Ipad app not working #9  
That's why I backup the .ipa's from both my ipad and iphone in case an updated app doesn't work right. I can then use ifunbox to install the older/working app on either my ipad or iphone.

/ Ipad app not working
Well I did some checking with the company who actually makes the software (not our good friends at tractorbynet) and it seems that this issue has been known since late November and they are "working on a fix". What I find incredulous is that they would continue to release customized versions of it as updates knowing full well it doesn't work correctly! For those of you who still want to use it they claim if you open it in portrait orientation it will work fine. So far that seems to be working but we will see....