Degree Symbol?

/ Degree Symbol? #1  

ray66v

Tractor
GC2310,
Is there a way to use the degree symbol in this forum? I have needed one several times, and been frustrated trying to find a solution.

I have tried the usual Windows tricks, and a cut and paste results in a degree symbol with this 1 1/2 in front: ( ー )

A button to make a degree symbol in the tool bar, would be a nice add for future development, if there isn't already an easy way to do it.

/ Degree Symbol? #2  
1 1/2* ..........this is how I do it.

/ Degree Symbol? #3  
You mean like this 32° or this ° without the number? I picked this out of the Character Map in the System tools tab.
Go to: START>ACESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS>CHARACTER MAP then choose the symbol style and scroll down and look for the degree symbol. Not a very friendly way to get there but you can get there.:thumbsup:

/ Degree Symbol? #4  
If you are using a full keyboard: Alt + 0176 (on the number pad).

/ Degree Symbol?
You mean like this 32ー or this ー without the number? I picked this out of the Character Map in the System tools tab.
Go to: START>ACESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS>CHARACTER MAP then choose the symbol style and scroll down and look for the degree symbol. Not a very friendly way to get there but you can get there.:thumbsup:

If I cut and paste just a degree sign like that, I get all this: コ

And, if I delete the 1 1/2 before the degree sign, they come right back when I post it.

Maybe it's because I am using Firefox?

I did not think of using the asterisk, that's a reasonable substitute.

/ Degree Symbol?
Okay, I turned on the number lock, and with alt 0176 trick. It produces a degree symbol, as many other cut and paste attempts do. However when I post it, I get this: ー

Deleting the 1 1/2 part is futile, it just returns when I post it.

/ Degree Symbol? #9  
I don't quite understand how that works, at least it doesn't for me.

In Windows, you can type any character by holding down the ALT key and then typing the character's four-digit numeric code on the keypad. You must hold down the ALT key for the entire time you are typing the code; you must type on the keypad (not on the number keys above the letters); and you must type the entire four-digit code, including the leading zero, if there is one. If you don't have a separate numeric keypad on your keyboard, like many laptops, this won't work.

/ Degree Symbol? #10  
Ok, I get it now. It was originally posted as "Alt + 0176" so I tried typing all of it. If the plus sign had been left out of the directions I would have done it right.

Ken