What's going on here

/ What's going on here #1  

Mickey_Fx

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar Fx24D, Cub 3204
Hard find the appropriate forum so here is where decided to post a forum problem.

As of this AM while scanning down the todays posts, when I view a thread and then click the right mouse button and select back, the screen does move back to previous page but I also have a small window pop up asking to save a file. Never saw this action before this morning. Have gone out to another site that uses this same BBS software and don't see this action on that site.

Anyone else seeing this action? If so, any magic handshake to get it to stop?

/ What's going on here #2  
I just tried it and nothing like you described happened, everything looked normal. I'm using Firefox 16.0.1 btw.

/ What's going on here #3  
Never seen anything like that, also using firefox. Um I would probably not save any files, I am thinking you are infected with something you don't want.

/ What's going on here #5  
Mine works fine when I do that.....

/ What's going on here #6  
Mine works perfectly. I'm using Firefox.

/ What's going on here #8  
No problem using Google Chrome.

/ What's going on here #9  
Are you SURE your mouse pointer is in the right place...sounds like it's not.

/ What's going on here #10  
Some ads use Microsoft Outlook to mailback user info as a background task. Who knows what they send. If your anti-virus software cleans out the folder where these files are kept, the task will have to re-create the outbound mail file. For example, I have McAfee. When I did a daily QuickClean, the Outlook files were being purged and so a file popup could occur. So, I removed all Outlook software and this kind of tracking stopped. Very little spam now, too. Google does the same kind of thing. You can strip off this activity using the Explorer 'hosts' file to block any and all I.P. addresses that you don't want contact with.