Any way to filter forums in "New Posts"?

/ Any way to filter forums in "New Posts"? #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
I'd like to be able to still go to the Friendly Politics forum, however it has become annoying to see the constant rants when I use the "New Posts" and "Today's Posts" buttons. Is there any way I can filter out what forums show up when using those buttons?

/ Any way to filter forums in "New Posts"? #2  
I do not think so.

/ Any way to filter forums in "New Posts"? #3  
...I'd like to be able to still go to the Friendly Politics forum, however it has become annoying to see the constant rants...
Only making an assumption here because I choose not to participate in restricted forums (consequences accepted)...but this seems like a contradiction in terms...?

/ Any way to filter forums in "New Posts"?
I CHOOSE to participate in discussions which seem fruitful and are not just ravings of reposted data from some random blog. Since political discussion is not allowed elsewhere I'm glad to see some of it there.

However some of the members are using it like their own personal blog and posting whenever a thought pops into their head. Thus they show up in Today's Posts and New Posts.

When I look at a members 100 latest posts and see NOTHING other than the Front Porch and Friendly Politics forum it tells me they are not here for discussing tractors but for spouting off.

I find the "New Posts" button very useful and it often turns up interesting threads in forums I probably wouldn't visit otherwise.

I was just wondering if I could filter out Friendly Politics looks like I can't.

/ Any way to filter forums in "New Posts"? #5  
I CHOOSE to participate in discussions which seem fruitful and are not just ravings of reposted data from some random blog. Since political discussion is not allowed elsewhere I'm glad to see some of it there.

However some of the members are using it like their own personal blog and posting whenever a thought pops into their head. Thus they show up in Today's Posts and New Posts.

When I look at a members 100 latest posts and see NOTHING other than the Front Porch and Friendly Politics forum it tells me they are not here for discussing tractors but for spouting off.

I find the "New Posts" button very useful and it often turns up interesting threads in forums I probably wouldn't visit otherwise.

I was just wondering if I could filter out Friendly Politics looks like I can't.

What you can do is "subscribe" to threads by contributors that you respect and enjoy discussions with...

/ Any way to filter forums in "New Posts"? #6  
I am new, but yeah I have seen a few of those broken record threads. I wish they would just move those to an entirely different website. This is not politicsbynet or gunsbynet. It's TRACTORSbynet. Let's talk tractors!!

/ Any way to filter forums in "New Posts"? #7  
Yes, you can filter search results by adding an exclusion to the end of the search query URL. For example:

&exclude=140

Where 140 is the forum ID for the Friendly Politics forum. You can also exclude multiple forums by separating the forum IDs with a comma.

Since we don't include the forum ID in the individual forum URLs, the only way for a member to get it is to note the URL when making a new post. So, when you're in a forum, check the URL of the link when you hover over the new post button, or just click it and see which URL it takes you to. At the end of that URL will be the forum ID.

Please keep in mind that in order to successfully filter the search results, you have to add the exclusion to the query URL, not the results URL. So if you click on new posts and then simply add &exclude=140 to the end of that URL, it won't work.

Below is the URL you would need to enter to get the results you're looking for:

Search Results - TractorByNet.com

/ Any way to filter forums in "New Posts"? #8  
I am new, but yeah I have seen a few of those broken record threads. I wish they would just move those to an entirely different website. This is not politicsbynet or gunsbynet. It's TRACTORSbynet. Let's talk tractors!!

We've considered that, actually. A few times. Maybe one day we'll do more than consider it. :D

/ Any way to filter forums in "New Posts"? #9  
We've considered that, actually. A few times. Maybe one day we'll do more than consider it. :D

I hope so. This is a large group of usually friendly people because they share so many common interests. Then someone comes along with an off-topic, polarizing issue (Inauguration, for example) that causes hard feelings and accomplishes nothing. It's like lobbing a grenade into the living room.