Trouble with iPad app

/ Trouble with iPad app #1  

noobee

Tractor
BX2360
Hi,
I am using an 64GB WIFI/4G retina display iPad. The buttons and scrolling are not working on the right side of the display screen. It appears that there is roughly an one Inch dead zone on the right side of the display screen when I am using the Apple TracktorByNet app. I would be nice I could get the "NEXT PAGE" button to work.

Thanks,
Byron Himebaugh

/ Trouble with iPad app #2  
Does any other Apps exhibit this type behavior?

/ Trouble with iPad app
Hi,

I have noticed that dead zone on the right side flips to the left side when I turn the iPad upside down. Then I can use the "Next Page" button. - Not to convenient.

Tom

/ Trouble with iPad app #6  
Just a bit of info. I did a bit of digging to try to find out why the new version of TBN app for iPad isn't working. TBN is actually a customized version of ForumRunner. forumRunner developed an app which has been successfully used on many BBS throughout the internet. developers use a library of files that is compiled as to match OS on different platforms. windows, apple, android. What I have read is the support group that provides the library files which is the backbone on the ForeRunner app hasn't been updated since 2011. with the recent release of IOS 6.01 which included many new control features that prevent children from exiting an app. These same controls written into iOS 6.01 is conflicting with positioned controls in apps and effects screen orientation.

The workaround is to open the TBN app in portrait mode. vertically held iPad. in landscape mode is where the problems conflict with existing code.

I read on ForumRunner's site that they are working on the backend code (library files) themselves to get the problems corrected. Muhammad, I'm sure is aware of this'll let and his hands are tied till they fix the base program (ForumRunner)

I recently upgraded my iPad from v5.1 to iOS v6.01 and installed the new TBN app. it would not load and was dead in the water when starting on landscape mode.

so if you still want to use your TBN app, you can. do it in Portrait mode and alls well. not perfect it it does work. this reply is proof of that. So everyone with an iPad just be patient. they are indeed working on the known problems. That's my two cents worth.