Tractor
    Kubota BX1860

Default Help with inline quote posting

Sometimes I see where some folks answer posts with multiple inline quotes.
    I know how to do it for one(just push the button under the post), but how do you get more than one inline quote in the same post?
    I've tried several times and always loose all but the last one.
    Please explain in easy to understand terms.
    Thanks, KW

Default Re: Help with inline quote posting

copy and paste the text of the quote then double click on the text to highlight it and then click the "quote" icon in the tool bar...or click the quote icon then paste the text between the brackets...repeat the process etc...

FWIW... using Windows....placing the cursor on any word in a text field and single clicking will highlight the word, double clicking will highlight the line of text or the paragraph (depending on the format but works on any text field)
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Quote Originally Posted by kw22614 View Post
    Sometimes I see where some folks answer posts with multiple inline quotes.
    I know how to do it for one(just push the button under the post), but how do you get more than one inline quote in the same post?
    I've tried several times and always loose all but the last one.
    Please explain in easy to understand terms.
    Thanks, KW
    Quote Originally Posted by /pine View Post
    copy and paste the text of the quote then double click on the text to highlight it and then click the "quote" icon in the tool bar...or click the quote icon then paste the text between the brackets...repeat the process etc...

FWIW... using Windows....placing the cursor on any word in a text field and single clicking will highlight the word, double clicking will highlight the line of text or the paragraph (depending on the format but works on any text field)
    If you're talking about quoting two posts like I did above, use the "Multi-Quote This Message" button. It is located to the right of the "Reply With Quote" button. Push it once for each post you want to quote. It will put a checkmark on the button. If you push it again, it will remove the checkmark. Once you have all of the posts that you wish to quote checked, on the last one, push the "Reply With Quote" button itself and a window with all the multi-quotes will appear for you to enter your replie(s) in.
    MossRoad

Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!

Tractor
    Kubota BX1860

Quote Originally Posted by /pine View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MossRoad View Post
    If you're talking about quoting two posts like I did above, use the "Multi-Quote This Message" button. It is located to the right of the "Reply With Quote" button. Push it once for each post you want to quote. It will put a checkmark on the button. If you push it again, it will remove the checkmark. Once you have all of the posts that you wish to quote checked, on the last one, push the "Reply With Quote" button itself and a window with all the multi-quotes will appear for you to enter your replie(s) in.
    Hey, hey, even I could understand that! Thanks guys!!!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Gravely 8199G

so that's what that icon does....hmmmm.
    thanks Moss Road.
    2012 Kubota L5740HSTC3 with FEL and Long grapple, 1986 Case IH 255, Land Pride PD10 PHD, LP RCR60 & RCF2084 mowers, LP 4' box blade and rear rake, Fred Cain subsoiler, County Line potato plow, County Line 1 bottom plow, 1986 Gravely 8199G with tow behind DR rototiller, 50" deck+40" Gravely wing mowers, Swisher 44 rough cut mower,, Echo 450-18 & 600-24, Echo PPT280, 2014 JD X750 diesel garden tractor, 1968 Cub Cadet 125 under renovation, Husky-Speeco 35 ton splitter, DR tow behind string trimmer

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Quote Originally Posted by kw22614 View Post
    Hey, hey, even I could understand that! Thanks guys!!!
    You're welcome....

Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post
    so that's what that icon does....hmmmm.
    thanks Moss Road.
    And so are you!
    MossRoad

Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!