Help with inline quote posting

/ Help with inline quote posting #1  

kw22614

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1860
Sometimes I see where some folks answer posts with multiple inline quotes.
I know how to do it for one(just push the button under the post), but how do you get more than one inline quote in the same post?
I've tried several times and always loose all but the last one.
Please explain in easy to understand terms.
Thanks, KW

/ Help with inline quote posting #2  
copy and paste the text of the quote then double click on the text to highlight it and then click the "quote" icon in the tool bar...or click the quote icon then paste the text between the brackets...repeat the process etc...

FWIW... using Windows....placing the cursor on any word in a text field and single clicking will highlight the word, double clicking will highlight the line of text or the paragraph (depending on the format but works on any text field)

/ Help with inline quote posting #3  
I know how to do it for one(just push the button under the post), but how do you get more than one inline quote in the same post?
Thanks, KW

copy and paste the text of the quote then double click on the text to highlight it and then click the "quote" icon in the tool bar...or click the quote icon then paste the text between the brackets...repeat the process etc...

FWIW... using Windows....placing the cursor on any word in a text field and single clicking will highlight the word, double clicking will highlight the line of text or the paragraph (depending on the format but works on any text field)

If you're talking about quoting two posts like I did above, use the "Multi-Quote This Message" button. It is located to the right of the "Reply With Quote" button. Push it once for each post you want to quote. It will put a checkmark on the button. If you push it again, it will remove the checkmark. Once you have all of the posts that you wish to quote checked, on the last one, push the "Reply With Quote" button itself and a window with all the multi-quotes will appear for you to enter your replie(s) in. :thumbsup:

/ Help with inline quote posting

If you're talking about quoting two posts like I did above, use the "Multi-Quote This Message" button. It is located to the right of the "Reply With Quote" button. Push it once for each post you want to quote. It will put a checkmark on the button. If you push it again, it will remove the checkmark. Once you have all of the posts that you wish to quote checked, on the last one, push the "Reply With Quote" button itself and a window with all the multi-quotes will appear for you to enter your replie(s) in. :thumbsup:

Hey, hey, even I could understand that! Thanks guys!!!

/ Help with inline quote posting #5  
so that's what that icon does....hmmmm.
thanks Moss Road.

/ Help with inline quote posting #7  
OK, so how do you do a multi-quote in this new format?
Click on quote for the posts you want to quote, then under the reply text box, you'll see a button saying: Insert quotes. Click there and add whatever quotes you selected before.

/ Help with inline quote posting #8  
If you're talking about quoting two posts like I did above, use the "Multi-Quote This Message" button. It is located to the right of the "Reply With Quote" button.
And if you want to type in the quoted message, click there and press Enter.
Push it once for each post you want to quote. It will put a checkmark on the button. If you push it again, it will remove the checkmark.
Can do it more than once
Once you have all of the posts that you wish to quote checked, on the last one, push the "Reply With Quote" button itself and a window with all the multi-quotes will appear for you to enter your replie(s) in. 👍

/ Help with inline quote posting #9  
OK, so how do you do a multi-quote in this new format?
Click on quote for the posts you want to quote, then under the reply text box, you'll see a button saying: Insert quotes. Click there and add whatever quotes you selected before.
I had tried that a few times, but it doesn't want to cooperate fully. This is an example of what I get after deleting another quote that came along for the ride. So much for new and improved.

Now if I want to change the order in EDIT, I can't, although I can delete the extra one.

Well I did this by clicking Reply on the first one, scrolling up and clicking Reply on the second and doing the same on the third.
Thanks, KW
Now went to the first post, hit Reply and got the one above. So it puts it where the cursor is.

Much easier than using the "+Quote" icon.