Don't know where else to put this?

/ Don't know where else to put this? #1  

BuzzardA91

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4105. 375 Backhoe. 2005 Polaris Ranger
Ok, I am fairly new at this but love the forum. How do you quote a previous post and have it show up in that nice blue bubble with the original time and posters name? I have tried and tried but can't figure it out. The threads are so much easier to read when the specifics things you are responding to are there to read.

Help.

I use an iPad for the forum if that makes a difference.

:confused3::confused3::confused3::confused3:

/ Don't know where else to put this? #2  
Do you see the "Reply With Quote" icon at the end of each message? If so, click it and you are in business.

Steve

/ Don't know where else to put this?
Wow, it worked! I kept looking to do it in the quick reply box.

:drink: to Tony

/ Don't know where else to put this? #5  
Ok, I am fairly new at this but love the forum. How do you quote a previous post and have it show up in that nice blue bubble with the original time and posters name? I have tried and tried but can't figure it out. The threads are so much easier to read when the specifics things you are responding to are there to read.

Help.

I use an iPad for the forum if that makes a difference.

:confused3::confused3::confused3::confused3:

Hello Buzzard. The iPad version of TractorByNet has a few issues which you may or may not be aware of. Double click the home key and you'll see a row of opened apps. Touch and holding of them till they start to shake. Then touch the X's and delete all of them. That clears and cleans up your memory. Now hold the iPad in Portrait (up and down) and open TBN. As long as you don't rotate the screen the app should work fine. Now back to your question.

When you bring up a message thread you will see a blue down arrow. Press it. Buttons will appear. Select QUOTE. Enter your text at the bottom and press enter. You have just responded with a quote. To add a picture press the advanced button at the top while in edit/ text entering mode and you can attach a picture you have on your iPad.

A new and improved version of this app is due to be issued out any day now that will fix the orientation and few other bugs that effects anyone using the ForumRunner based app. Take care. Ohhh, If I didn''t, well Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPad iOS 6.01 - TNB v1.6

Thanks KID i have been just using Safari and not the App. Haven't tried it but maybe I will give it a whirl.

/ Don't know where else to put this? #8  
Thanks KID i have been just using Safari and not the App. Haven't tried it but maybe I will give it a whirl.

I find the app to be basic enough and user friendly. What I read on ForumRunner is they're awaiting apple's approval.

Sent from my iPad iOS 6.1 - TBN v1.6

/ Don't know where else to put this? #9  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the News/Feedback forum.

Ok next question. The quote feature works great. When I add a picture it is small and you have to click on it. Some people have large pictures in their thread. When people quote my smaller picture threads it shows up as the file name Instead of the picture like XXXEJNE.JPG Instead of the actual picture.

Like this -

image.jpg