Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota BX1860

Default Re: How to add a thread link to my post?

Quote Originally Posted by deepNdirt View Post
    or go to your browser where you would type in a website, You will see http://www etc,etc, copy this and paste it in your thread,
    like this example ( Tire Size comparison )
    Tire Size comparison
    Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    One thing you will find advantageous is to open another copy of tractor by net in another tab. so you can switch over to the other tab to find things while you are posting in the first tab. Say for instance you start a post to say something and remember another thread you started that has pictures and description of something you want to show, but you have already started your post and don't want to lose what you have been typing by leaving the post to search around for the old thread. Well open another tab of TBN (or as many of them as you need) and search around on that tab, copy the URL from the second tab of what you want to show, and come back to the first tab to paste in the URL with your comments. WA-LA.. now it looks like your were prepared all along.. and soooo organized

James K0UA
    Thanks y'all! Now I got another gun in my arsenol!

Veteran Member
    Fanning Springs, Gilchirst County, North-Central Florida
    Tractor
    Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST 37-hp / 5,400 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    Just do a copy and paste.
    BUT I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO A COPY AND PASTE.

Please teach me. Slowly. Step by step. Like I'm a computor dummy. OK?

I am on an Apple MacBook Pro.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

To copy and paste something in one tab to another tab.. first have 2 tabs open in your browser. ( I am assuming you know how to open multiple tabs).
    lets say you want to post in the quick reply window, so you type in some text.. like I am doing now.

Now you decide you want to post a URL (Universal Resource Locator) fancy name for the string of characters that will get you to some particular spot on the web.. OK. So go over to your other 2nd tab. and browse around to find the thing you want to direct someone else to in your post on the first tab.. so when you find what you want. in the 2nd tab. highlight the URL by left clicking on it one time. it should turn color, if not then hold down the mouse button and pass the mouse pointer over the entire URL until it changes color ( blue by default) then holding the mouse pointer on the highlighted URL click the right mouse button and choose "copy" from the little drop down menu. Then go back to your first tab by left clicking on it. and get to the spot in your quick reply window where you want to drop the URL you highlighted in the 2nd tab. then right click, and when the little drop down menu appears choose "paste". now the URL of the 2nd tab should appear in all of its gobbledygook glory.
    you have copy and pasted a URL.. YOu can copy paste anything you want by highlighting it and copy then go where you want and paste.. Lots of other ways to do it. but learn one way and stick to that.

Ballistic Effects.mpg - YouTube
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Veteran Member
    Fanning Springs, Gilchirst County, North-Central Florida
    Tractor
    Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST 37-hp / 5,400 pounds

All right. Now I am a URL pasteing fool.

Now I want to know.....

After pasting an URL to T-B-N how can I change URL from gobbledegook to a rational title like SAWZALL, for instance, without losing the underlying link?

Thanks in advance.

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by jeff9366 View Post
    All right. Now I am a URL pasteing fool.
    Now I want to know.....
    After pasting an URL to T-B-N how can I change URL from gobbledegook to a rational title like SAWZALL, for instance, without losing the underlying link?
    Thanks in advance.
    There are 2 ways to do this. Lets say you post a link to
    Code:
    http://www.EverythingAttachments.com/EA-Trailer-Mover-Hitch-p/eta-ea1-hitch.htm
    Method 1: You type what you want the link text to say (ie: "French Fries"), the highlight that text, click on the link button (Name:  TBN Link Button.PNG
Views: 218
Size:  1.1 KB) and paste your link into the box that comes up.
    Method 2: Paste in the link, go to the advanced page, or preview the post and it will automatically turn the URL into a link such as:
    Code:
    [url=http://www.everythingattachments.com/EA-Trailer-Mover-Hitch-p/eta-ea1-hitch.htm]3 Point trailer hitch for tractors[/url]
    The section that I have bolded/underlined will be the link title:
    Code:
    [url=http://www.everythingattachments.com/EA-Trailer-Mover-Hitch-p/eta-ea1-hitch.htm]3 Point trailer hitch for tractors[/url]
    Changing that text to say "French Fries" will look like the text below in the preview window and will turn out as French Fries in your post.:
    Code:
    [url=http://www.everythingattachments.com/EA-Trailer-Mover-Hitch-p/eta-ea1-hitch.htm]French Fries[/url]

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Interesting, thanks Aaron
    No problem.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12