Back Button Woes

/ Back Button Woes #1  

polo1665

Tractor
Branson 3510H, John Deere X750
While surfing the pages here at TBN i frequently use the "back" button to manuever about. Here of late I intermittently have trouble and can't seem to use it. When I click on the "back" button I am not going to the previous page (I actually go nowhere). If I expand that "back" tab I see this (attachment). Can anyone tell me what is causing this. It doesn't only happen on TBN, but mostly.

Attachments

• backbutton.png
    backbutton.png
    254 KB · Views: 219
   / Back Button Woes #2  
I thought I was the only one who was having that problem. I would also like to know what causes that.

/ Back Button Woes #3  
I have that problem on TBN when I'm using Internet Explorer. If you right click the back button, you can see that there are listings for google ads, which I assume are the ads on the right hand side of the page. I believe that is why you don't go back to the previous forum page, just back to the previous ads on the current page. I started using the Google Chrome browser to read TBN and don't have that problem.

/ Back Button Woes
I have that problem on TBN when I'm using Internet Explorer. If you right click the back button, you can see that there are listings for google ads, which I assume are the ads on the right hand side of the page. I believe that is why you don't go back to the previous forum page, just back to the previous ads on the current page. I started using the Google Chrome browser to read TBN and don't have that problem.

I used google chrome for quite a while, but it started to disconnect my internet connection suddenly. I can only assume it was Chrome causing that, because it doesn't happen on IE.
Looks like I can't win either way.

/ Back Button Woes #5  
Im having the same problem too. No matter where I am on the site I can't hit "back"

/ Back Button Woes #6  
It appears that "netmng.com" might be the source of your problem. It's a website tracker, becoming ever more common among forums, etc... While I can't say for certain if TBN is using it because I block most of the non-relevant garbage on most websites, I can say that trackers will often use redirects to send you to any give page after "tracking" you.

Basically, a website redirects links to the tracker, then the tracker redirects to those links after recording the activity and other information in a database. If either of those redirects fails, you can end up going nowhere fast. Trackers not only create privacy concerns, but they also slow down web traffic and cause problems like this, among others.

/ Back Button Woes #7  
It appears that "netmng.com" might be the source of your problem. It's a website tracker, becoming ever more common among forums, etc... While I can't say for certain if TBN is using it because I block most of the non-relevant garbage on most websites, I can say that trackers will often use redirects to send you to any give page after "tracking" you.

Basically, a website redirects links to the tracker, then the tracker redirects to those links after recording the activity and other information in a database. If either of those redirects fails, you can end up going nowhere fast. Trackers not only create privacy concerns, but they also slow down web traffic and cause problems like this, among others.

How do you block most of the non-relevant garbage on most websites. What add on do you use to do this?

/ Back Button Woes #8  
How do you block most of the non-relevant garbage on most websites. What add on do you use to do this?

I use AdBlock, NoScript, plus a few custom addons of my own.