Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    yanmar YM-1700

Default Spell checker,

Lately I spend more time (correcting) my spell checker, I might as well not use it and just leave any words misspelled and let you guys figure it out
    The Spell check that TBN supplies hasn't ever worked on my computer so I download something called ieSpell software by ( red egg ) the free version, how ever as i stated it sometimes acts goofy, by throwing in duplicated words or double the ending letters of a word, What good is a spell checker if I'm having to correct it's so called corrected spelling?
    I'm not illiterate or anything like that, But well all have typo errors, or mis punctuate a sentence so it helps to run a quick check before posting, Anyone know of another more reliable program? or why I seem to not be able to have the one here on TBN work for me?
    thanks Oh and I'm going to attempt to let the spell checker correct this thread to let y'all see what I'm describing,
    Hmmm! well well not all the time does it make mistakes
    Never judge a man until you've walked a day in his shoes,

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Default Re: Spell checker,

Quote Originally Posted by deepNdirt View Post
    Lately I spend more time (correcting) my spell checker, I might as well not use it and just leave any words misspelled and let you guys figure it out
    The Spell check that TBN supplies hasn't ever worked on my computer so I download something called ieSpell software by ( red egg ) the free version, how ever as i stated it sometimes acts goofy, by throwing in duplicated words or double the ending letters of a word, What good is a spell checker if I'm having to correct it's so called corrected spelling?
    I'm not illiterate or anything like that, But well all have typo errors, or mis punctuate a sentence so it helps to run a quick check before posting, Anyone know of another more reliable program? or why I seem to not be able to have the one here on TBN work for me?
    thanks Oh and I'm going to attempt to let the spell checker correct this thread to let y'all see what I'm describing,
    Hmmm! well well not all the time does it make mistakes
    I tried to download their spell checker and ended up having to reprogram my computer. Tanks for nuthin
    Murph ------------

J F
    Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

No comment, other than I like the fact that we all try.
    ____
    Jay

Tractor
    JD 2720

The TBN one has never worked for me either. I tried to down load it a few times but the process got confusing to me so I stopped trying and just use the Google one, but it doesn't work all the time for some reason.
    HAVE FUN

do yourself a favor, floss

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B26 and Kubota ZG222

I usually type mine in microsoft word then copy and paste
    Woody

Tractor
    Hyster H50

I didn't even know there was a resident spell checker here - Firefox and Thunderbird have it built in. Red squiggle underline of a questionable word and a right click brings down a menu of suggested words, plus the option to add to dictionary if it's a proper word that you use a lot, or ignore it. Of course it doesn't help for misuses such as breaks for trailer brakes or coarse for steering a course or my personal favorite, except for accept.
    Anxiously awaiting Dr. Savage's return to the airwaves.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Yep, I quit using Explorer some time ago and use Mozilla Firefox which has a built in spell checker similar to Word, I really need spell check since I retired and got lazy.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

With windows 7 no spell checker ever worked, but when I bought my new computer with Windows 8 the red squiggles started appearing.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp CC AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    new holland tn70

spell checker [whats that] not had that done sence 7grade in scrolll

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

ieSpell normally works quite well, but it is incompatible with some forums. I have trouble with both TBN and LinkedIn.
    I typically highlight the word I think may be misspelled, rightclick and use the context menu link to ieSpell. That works fine...but if I let it check the entire post, I'll end up with duplicate words and other errors.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast