Spell checker,

/ Spell checker, #1  

deepNdirt

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar YM-1700
Lately I spend more time (correcting) my spell checker, I might as well not use it and just leave any words misspelled and let you guys figure it out:cool:
The Spell check that TBN supplies hasn't ever worked on my computer so I download something called ieSpell software by ( red egg ) the free version, how ever as i stated it sometimes acts goofy, by throwing in duplicated words or double the ending letters of a word, What good is a spell checker if I'm having to correct it's so called corrected spelling?:confused2:
I'm not illiterate or anything like that, But well all have typo errors, or mis punctuate a sentence so it helps to run a quick check before posting, Anyone know of another more reliable program? or why I seem to not be able to have the one here on TBN work for me?
thanks Oh and I'm going to attempt to let the spell checker correct this thread to let y'all see what I'm describing,:D
Hmmm! well well not all the time does it make mistakes:confused:

/ Spell checker, #2  
Lately I spend more time (correcting) my spell checker, I might as well not use it and just leave any words misspelled and let you guys figure it out:cool:
The Spell check that TBN supplies hasn't ever worked on my computer so I download something called ieSpell software by ( red egg ) the free version, how ever as i stated it sometimes acts goofy, by throwing in duplicated words or double the ending letters of a word, What good is a spell checker if I'm having to correct it's so called corrected spelling?:confused2:
I'm not illiterate or anything like that, But well all have typo errors, or mis punctuate a sentence so it helps to run a quick check before posting, Anyone know of another more reliable program? or why I seem to not be able to have the one here on TBN work for me?
thanks Oh and I'm going to attempt to let the spell checker correct this thread to let y'all see what I'm describing,:D
Hmmm! well well not all the time does it make mistakes:confused:

I tried to download their spell checker and ended up having to reprogram my computer. Tanks for nuthin

/ Spell checker, #3  
No comment, other than I like the fact that we all try. :drink:

/ Spell checker, #4  
The TBN one has never worked for me either. I tried to down load it a few times but the process got confusing to me so I stopped trying and just use the Google one, but it doesn't work all the time for some reason.

/ Spell checker, #5  
I usually type mine in microsoft word then copy and paste

/ Spell checker, #6  
I didn't even know there was a resident spell checker here - Firefox and Thunderbird have it built in. Red squiggle underline of a questionable word and a right click brings down a menu of suggested words, plus the option to add to dictionary if it's a proper word that you use a lot, or ignore it. Of course it doesn't help for misuses such as breaks for trailer brakes or coarse for steering a course or my personal favorite, except for accept.

/ Spell checker, #7  
Yep, I quit using Explorer some time ago and use Mozilla Firefox which has a built in spell checker similar to Word, I really need spell check since I retired and got lazy.

/ Spell checker, #8  
With windows 7 no spell checker ever worked, but when I bought my new computer with Windows 8 the red squiggles started appearing.

/ Spell checker, #9  
spell checker [whats that] not had that done sence 7grade in scrolll

/ Spell checker, #10  
ieSpell normally works quite well, but it is incompatible with some forums. I have trouble with both TBN and LinkedIn.
I typically highlight the word I think may be misspelled, rightclick and use the context menu link to ieSpell. That works fine...but if I let it check the entire post, I'll end up with duplicate words and other errors.