problems going back

/ problems going back #1  

toddol1971

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey ferguson Model 65 gas
After clicking on a pic, I hit back button. Instead of taking me right where I left off, it takes me back to another spot on the page. Its not even a post of mine that it takes me to. I looked for a setting to fix this but haven't found anything. Please help. It is so frustrating. If I'm reading a post then someone puts a link up and I go to it when I hit the back button It puts me way up at the top of the page. Thanks

/ problems going back #2  
What Browser are you using?

I always right click on the pictures, then click open in new tab. Doesn't matter how many pictures there are, just right click the next one. Same for links. That way the original page stays open at the message you are reading.

/ problems going back #3  
Does the same thing for me in Firefox, always has on this site, very aggravating. Luckily I use two monitors, so I just started to "grab" the pic and drop into the other monitor and get to see the "big" picture while staying on the thread.

This site has some weird attributes, like the constant double posting. :confused2:

/ problems going back
What Browser are you using?

I always right click on the pictures, then click open in new tab. Doesn't matter how many pictures there are, just right click the next one. Same for links. That way the original page stays open at the message you are reading.

I do this sometimes. Just wanted to know if there was a fix.

Does the same thing for me in Firefox, always has on this site, very aggravating. Luckily I use two monitors, so I just started to "grab" the pic and drop into the other monitor and get to see the "big" picture while staying on the thread.

This site has some weird attributes, like the constant double posting. :confused2:

no doubt

/ problems going back #5  
Toddol, this is funny, I just the other day submitted a ticket complaining of the same problem. This was TBN's response:
"Hello John,

Unfortunately, that function is limited by our system and there is no easy fix. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experience by losing your place. We will certainly look for ways to improve our system in the future and greatly appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,"

I'm still just as confused now as I was before I wrote. I think it's silly a site this popular and this busy has an issue like this. But here's the real head scratcher (for me at least), if I'm on as a guest (not signed in) the back button works the way it should (and the way it does on every other forum I visit). Try it.

BTW I'm not trying to bash the site, it's been a huge help to me and I've met some good friends through it. But that said this issue definitely keeps me from visiting more often than I do.

FYI I'm using Firefox (doesn't explain the guest/member part of it) but I'm going to try the right click trick for now.