Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massey ferguson Model 65 gas

Default problems going back

After clicking on a pic, I hit back button. Instead of taking me right where I left off, it takes me back to another spot on the page. Its not even a post of mine that it takes me to. I looked for a setting to fix this but haven't found anything. Please help. It is so frustrating. If I'm reading a post then someone puts a link up and I go to it when I hit the back button It puts me way up at the top of the page. Thanks
    THINK BEFORE TALKING

KEEP LOOKING UP, FOR JESUS MAY COME TODAY

MASSEY FERGUSON 65 GAS (unbelievably reliable tractor)

PAST TRACTORS (RIP)
    FORD 3000 (great tractor)
    FARMALL 350 W/ T/A
    MASSEY FERGUSON 1433 W/ a woods 1012 FEL.

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Default Re: problems going back

What Browser are you using?

I always right click on the pictures, then click open in new tab. Doesn't matter how many pictures there are, just right click the next one. Same for links. That way the original page stays open at the message you are reading.

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Does the same thing for me in Firefox, always has on this site, very aggravating. Luckily I use two monitors, so I just started to "grab" the pic and drop into the other monitor and get to see the "big" picture while staying on the thread.

This site has some weird attributes, like the constant double posting.
    ____
    Jay

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massey ferguson Model 65 gas

Quote Originally Posted by Xfaxman View Post
    What Browser are you using?

I always right click on the pictures, then click open in new tab. Doesn't matter how many pictures there are, just right click the next one. Same for links. That way the original page stays open at the message you are reading.
    I do this sometimes. Just wanted to know if there was a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by J F View Post
    Does the same thing for me in Firefox, always has on this site, very aggravating. Luckily I use two monitors, so I just started to "grab" the pic and drop into the other monitor and get to see the "big" picture while staying on the thread.

This site has some weird attributes, like the constant double posting.
    no doubt
    THINK BEFORE TALKING

KEEP LOOKING UP, FOR JESUS MAY COME TODAY

MASSEY FERGUSON 65 GAS (unbelievably reliable tractor)

PAST TRACTORS (RIP)
    FORD 3000 (great tractor)
    FARMALL 350 W/ T/A
    MASSEY FERGUSON 1433 W/ a woods 1012 FEL.

Tractor
    Kubota L3710

Toddol, this is funny, I just the other day submitted a ticket complaining of the same problem. This was TBN's response:
    "Hello John,

Unfortunately, that function is limited by our system and there is no easy fix. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experience by losing your place. We will certainly look for ways to improve our system in the future and greatly appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,"

I'm still just as confused now as I was before I wrote. I think it's silly a site this popular and this busy has an issue like this. But here's the real head scratcher (for me at least), if I'm on as a guest (not signed in) the back button works the way it should (and the way it does on every other forum I visit). Try it.

BTW I'm not trying to bash the site, it's been a huge help to me and I've met some good friends through it. But that said this issue definitely keeps me from visiting more often than I do.

FYI I'm using Firefox (doesn't explain the guest/member part of it) but I'm going to try the right click trick for now.
    TWLSB = The Way Life Should Be

Kubota L3710 GST; Wallenstein FX8000 logging winch; Markham tooth-bar; 5' RC; 6' BB; Middle buster; Split-fire 3203 woodsplitter; Ratchet Rake