Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    john deere

Default Re: Accessing Off Topic and Politics Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 300UGUY View Post
    I seldom posted on the Front Porch, and never joined the Friendly politics forum. To me, "winning" a argument on line is like masturbation. It may feel good, but you haven't accomplished anything. YMMV
    You are a classic .

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1070

maybe this thread should be put in the friendly politics section

by the way, this made me think of "The Shawshank Redemption"

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Quote Originally Posted by 300UGUY View Post
    I seldom posted on the Front Porch, and never joined the Friendly politics forum. To me, "winning" a argument on line is like masturbation. It may feel good, but you haven't accomplished anything. YMMV
    You should run for Prez, I would vote for you.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    2007 Kubota L3400

I thought I broke something on the iphone!
    "A Marine is a Marine. I set that policy two weeks ago there is no such thing as a former Marine. You're a Marine, just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life."
    Gen James Amos, Commandant of the Marine Corps.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor,SC CWP instructor, NRA,USPSA, Marine Corps Association, and Marine Corps League Member. I support the 2nd Amendment, don't you?

Tractor
    Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe

I support this update to TBN. Thanks to the owners and mods.
    God Bless our brave men, bring them home, safe again.

Tractor
    Yanmar Fx24D, Cub 3204

Not that my two cents counts for anything but here goes.

I see a distinction between party politics, the rough and tumble stuff and the politics of governance, the laws and regulation that affect us all daily. I find it sad to see all those "man on the street interviews" and see so many so poorly informed about what is going on around them, things that affect their daily lives. Saw one last night and the person being interviewed didn't even know the name of the governor of the state they lived in. I fully support that kind of political discussion. In the corner of the world I live in, both Or and Wa have recently seen bills being introduced that falls in the area of gun control. In both states there are provision where the police can come in to your home unannounced to look for guns and ammo. Even if you are not interested in the gun control issue your SHOULD be interested in those provision where the police can enter your home unannounced and without a warrant to search your place. IMO, this kind of political discussion should be looked upon as something desirable. As to the party politics, I can either take it or leave it. Took a look at the "friendly politics" forum this AM and the couple threads I saw I wouldn't exactly refer to them as friendly.

I would hope that we all have interests in subjects beyond tractors and related equipment. We should welcome a broad arena of topics. We should be able to discuss those topics with our on-line friends and not be told to take it somewhere else.
    Yanmar Fx24D,
    Koyker 155 loader,
    RSB-1300 tiller
    Cub 3204, 48" mower
    Bolen 1257 GT with tiller

Tractor
    Kubota 7510, Toro Groundsmaster 217D

Thanks for the update Muhammad.

FWIW- no different than choosing to become a memeber in general, you are just choosing to have access to additional topics. No great conspiracy people....
    I thank God everyday for all of the blessings he has given me- especially for the one's I do not recognize or see!

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M7040, ZD326, JD Gator 855D

Muhammad .... I just joined both groups. I almost always simply click on "new post" once a day in the evening to review post. Will these two groups post show doing that are do I have to specifically have to go to each group?

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by jcummins View Post
    Muhammad .... I just joined both groups. I almost always simply click on "new post" once a day in the evening to review post. Will these two groups post show doing that are do I have to specifically have to go to each group?
    They show up in there for me.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Elite Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey_Fx View Post
    I would hope that we all have interests in subjects beyond tractors and related equipment. We should welcome a broad arena of topics. We should be able to discuss those topics with our on-line friends and not be told to take it somewhere else.
    We do, but most of us prefer to go to websites or forums that specialize in any given topic of interest.

For example, I would not go to a tractor forum looking for information about computer programming, or go to a political forum looking for information about tractors. Granted, some topics will tend to overlap so it's inevitable that some crosstalk chatter will occur. However, if you lose sight of the primary topic of interest, you wind up with something resembling that disaster better known as Facebook.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast