Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old MF

Default Re: Accessing Off Topic and Politics Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Singalo View Post
    The point is,,,, this is a NON ISSUE. Look guys, TBN is not the first forum I have ever been in. I have NEVER had an issue with avoiding that which I don't want to see. Making these forums accessible on a permission basis only solves what? It's like putting a padlock on a shed. It only servers to keep the honest honest. Do you really need this additional barrier to "Protect" yourself? Or could you just be an adult and not click on the stupid forum. Either way, this is not some kind of a big deal one way or the other. I was just pointing out it all seems a bit pointless. It kind of says something about the people that need this added protection. But what ever, no harm no foul. Just rings odd to me is all. What ever makes the Lemmings Feel better.
    It's not added protection for members. It protects non members browsing from seeing the dark side of some of out members. By having a to join to to request these dark areas keeps it out of the eyes of under aged viewers and those that might be offened. Muhammad has made it easy to enter a request and to exit. I think it's a good idea. Well done Muhammad. This day and time politics and religion discussion can get down right nasty. This is what must be screened from the average unregistered public. A no brainer. -kid

Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT w/LA524 FEL, Cub Cadet XT1

Muhammad,
    thanks for the quick reply.
    DaveR

If a wire wasn't shorted it wouldn't work. What you have is an intermittent open!

Electronics is smoke and magic. If you let the smoke out of something it doesn't work anymore - the magic is getting the smoke back in.

County Line 6ft finish mower, King Kutter 5ft bush hog, King Kutter 4ft tiller, King Kutter Carry-All,
    King Kutter 60" Box Blade, Ferguson 12-AO-40 2-bottom plow, County Line Middlebuster, Home built pine needle rake.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    N. Holland tc30

Nice little reminder for what main the site is about.

Thanks Mod.

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Quote Originally Posted by jcummins View Post
    Muhammad .... I just joined both groups. I almost always simply click on "new post" once a day in the evening to review post.
    Since retirement that's become my viewing mode also, just use "today's posts".

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    You can "self administer" at any time. go to your profile and admin your self in or out of both the "front porch" and "unfriendly politics"
    I did not know I could turn it back on if I turned it off. Can I?

also - isn't k0ua wrong? Don't you still have to request admission to FP?
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, 2 Piranha's, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller, 5' Big Bee cutter, with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Tractor
    JD, Massey, Kubota, Case

Quote Originally Posted by The kid View Post

It's not added protection for members. It protects non members browsing from seeing the dark side of some of out members. By having a to join to to request these dark areas keeps it out of the eyes of under aged viewers and those that might be offened. Muhammad has made it easy to enter a request and to exit. I think it's a good idea. Well done Muhammad. This day and time politics and religion discussion can get down right nasty. This is what must be screened from the average unregistered public. A no brainer. -kid
    Well stated. I am not signed up for the politics and off topic areas, but I have seen some threads that have been moved there. In each case the postings were becoming more contentious, less about farming and I could see where it could get heated in a hurry. I like my tractor forum about farming and I think Muhammad is doing the smart thing by keeping the dark side separated.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234