Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Administrator
    Tractor
    None currently

Default Accessing Off Topic and Politics Forums

Hello Everybody,

For the past couple of years, we have had two off topic forums for members who wish to talk about topics other than tractors with their tractor-loving friends.

Up until this point, the off topic Front Porch was available to all members who had at least 50 posts, and the Friendly Politics forum was accessible only by request.

Starting now, both of these forums will be accessible only by request.

In order to join or leave these two forums, please manage your access by visiting the Permission Groups settings page from My Home, or by clicking this link: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...editusergroups

Thank you!
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

Gold Member

Default Re: Accessing Off Topic and Politics Forums

Out of MORBID curiosity, why would you have to request permission to use these forums, when presumably anyone that requests permission will get it?

Administrator
    Tractor
    None currently

Because the overwhelming majority of our membership do not have any interest in discussing politics, but for those that do, we have a private forum for it. We want to keep those discussions out of the public forums so that's why the sections are private.
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

Tractor
    M 9540 Kubota

Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad View Post
    Because the overwhelming majority of our membership do not have any interest in discussing politics, but for those that do, we have a private forum for it. We want to keep those discussions out of the public forums so that's why the sections are private.
    Perfectly understandable! Some times we all should visit the "dark side" but being a step away from the regular tractor forum/topic helps resist temptation.
    ]We need more people to WORK for a living and less people to VOTE for a living!
    (proven on 11/6/12)

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad View Post
    Ahhhhhhhh,,,,, OK,,,

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Great, this way those who only want to see tractor stuff can choose not to see the offtopic forums

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by Singalo View Post
    Ahhhhhhhh,,,,, OK,,,
    Nothing to be confused about...politics are contentious and the threads can get rough. Some folks get quite irate and make comments that, if said in real life, would probably get 'em punched out.
    TBN, being a family forum, keeps this activity away from the general membership which, IMHO, is a good thing.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    Nothing to be confused about...politics are contentious and the threads can get rough. Some folks get quite irate and make comments that, if said in real life, would probably get 'em punched out.
    TBN, being a family forum, keeps this activity away from the general membership which, IMHO, is a good thing.
    Well stated. On the other hand, we members joined TBN for information and comraderie regarding tractors, maintenance, substaining our rural lives; etc. These things are important to all of us. But the direction that OUR great Country political arena decides, and the resulting issues, affect ALL of us, our Families, and OUR way of LIFE. I agree that sometimes the political theme and contrasting beliefs result in verbal exchanges, discussion can also have a positive result. Debates are Debates, and at the end of the day, WE should always show our MATURITY and "Agree to Disagree" should be at the forefront of ALL discussions.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Veteran Member

Thank you Mohammad!

Tractor
    JD 4105. 375 Backhoe. 2005 Polaris Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    I like your style Roy. I have been quilty of reading some of the political posts. Then I get frustrated and think to myself "why am I not reading about tractors, THAT I enjoy".

And I agree with you a 100% that some of these comments are made by people that wouldn't even open their mouth in a bar and express their view in fear of a knuckle sandwich. People seem to sprout big stones when not face to face.

And who really cares what I, you, or them have to say anyhow about stuff we usually have no control over anyhow?

I want tractor stuff and more of it!

And before you say it Roy I HAVE read my owners manual cover to cover, your right there is a lot of useful info in there !

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast