Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    JD, Massey, Kubota, Case

Quote Originally Posted by RichZ View Post
    Thanks Massey, I just signed up for it. I wonder why this was necessary. I always go to the front porch as soon as I log on to TBN.
    I went to the front porch a few times, then decided the "back porch" was more to my liking. Too much hostility for me at the front porch and no real tractor talk. I can't imagine what the politics forum is like.

Tractor
    Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc

Default Re: Where'a the Front Porch?

I think the only bad thing is the updates don't show up in my todays posts. And there are hundreds of people who read some of those threads but never post, they are now cut out.

HS

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Thanks for providing the Link.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Elite Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by TomSeller View Post
    I went to the front porch a few times, then decided the "back porch" was more to my liking. Too much hostility for me at the front porch and no real tractor talk. I can't imagine what the politics forum is like.
    The "back porch"... good one.

Hostility is never a good thing, and topics like politics almost always serve to polarize or divide people. In fact, I've very nearly left TBN several times because of hostility, but continue to hold out hope for a positive change such as this.

We all share a common interest in tractors and/or other related topics, and I sincerely believe that much greater emphasis should be placed there. Not just by the admins or moderators, but by all of us.

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST, Case DX35

Quote Originally Posted by tallyho8 View Post
    I signed up for the Front Porch and the Friendly Politics forums a long time ago. The strange part was that the Front Porch disappeared today but the Friendly Politics forum was still there. I re-signed up for the Front Porch again and now I have it again.
    Same here

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
    David
    Please visit: Vacation Hawaii

CK30HST, FEL w/ATI Tach all, Toothbar, Pallet forks, BH, Hydraulic Offset Flail, Brush Hog, Box Blade, PHD, Tiller, Landscape Rake, Boom pole w/extension&winch, Quick hitch, TuffTop Canopy
    Case DX35 w/LX116 "bobtach" Loader,

Platinum Member

Maybe the same could be done for posts about how to kill your pet,or catch a coyote with a treble hook. Put it under an animal abuse forum and let them have at it. This is more offensive to me than political talk.

Tractor
    Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc

i think a major problem with making discussing these issues much harder is that government and politics are now a major issue with tractors and the activities they might be used. From government pollution regulations with the tractor the fuel, to land/ranch/farming regulations it's all related now. The government tried to stop farmers markets, my god we can't talk about it, I think TBN should reconsider, without an open discussion about these issues many who might not post still get a boat load of good information that they may use and become informed or aware of things that are going to directly effect them and their land/live stock/and tractor.

HS

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Its one thing to discuss governmental issues affecting farmers.... and quite a different thing when the inevitible "your party sucks you party1/party2 insert expletive here" shows up. And that happens all too often.
    MossRoad

Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST

One low tech trick that saves me a little time is to quickly scan a post for either the word "genius" or "idiot".

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasseyWV View Post
    The "back porch"... good one.

Hostility is never a good thing, and topics like politics almost always serve to polarize or divide people. In fact, I've very nearly left TBN several times because of hostility, but continue to hold out hope for a positive change such as this.

We all share a common interest in tractors and/or other related topics, and I sincerely believe that much greater emphasis should be placed there. Not just by the admins or moderators, but by all of us.

+1 Same here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast