Computer Rebate Ripp-off

/ Computer Rebate Ripp-off #1  

murphy1244

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota 1120 RTV Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y
Well it been 2 months since I sent in my Staples rebate and no check. Got online and found my tracking # and it says it was sent 1-12-2013. Got a phone# and a prerecorded voice telling me to get on the same website. Got ahold of staples web site and was directed to the chat line that sent me to the beginning says HP handles the rebates not staples. So, I will never darken the doorway of a staples store nor will I buy a HP again. Rant over.:mad:

/ Computer Rebate Ripp-off #2  
I never trust rebates for this very reason.

/ Computer Rebate Ripp-off #3  
Some of those rebates are impossible to get.

/ Computer Rebate Ripp-off #4  
Well it been 2 months since I sent in my Staples rebate and no check. Got online and found my tracking # and it says it was sent 1-12-2013. Got a phone# and a prerecorded voice telling me to get on the same website. Got ahold of staples web site and was directed to the chat line that sent me to the beginning says HP handles the rebates not staples. So, I will never darken the doorway of a staples store nor will I buy a HP again. Rant over.:mad:

Don't give up, keep after them, both HP & Staples. Actually went to HP Mfg and they would not let in or talk to anyone there.

Went through that several years ago. Finely got a rebate check. Soon after got another one. Put it in the bank thinking they would want it back. Pretty soon here came another check. Held the money for a few months waiting for them to want it back. They never ask, so I just kept the $$$, figured for all my trouble, time & aggravation I deserved it.

/ Computer Rebate Ripp-off #5  
Mail-in rebates from most stores usually take 2-3 months so be patient.

/ Computer Rebate Ripp-off
Mail-in rebates from most stores usually take 2-3 months so be patient.

I'll try but I don't like the run around nor what I'm reading when I did a search on this. Seems to be standard procedure for Hp and Staples. Maybe if I hit the Easy button.

/ Computer Rebate Ripp-off #7  
Rural King started those online rebates a while back to. submitted a online rebate for my nephew back in December. Got a confirmation for processing in mid February, with a note that said that you will receive your rebate in 6-8 weeks. I have done Menards mail in rebates more than once, and usually have a rebate certificate in less than 3 weeks.

/ Computer Rebate Ripp-off #8  
Yep, mail in rebates usually take 2 to 3 months, and I never count on getting one even then. Sometimes they come; sometimes they don't.

/ Computer Rebate Ripp-off #9  

You should know whether you submitted a rebate for Staples or for HP. You have copies of what you sent in so if you have to resubmit you can. One of the things folks forget is that the rebate has to be delayed until after the return period. It would be a paperwork nightmare if you submitted for rebate and then returned the product. Stay the course, I expect you will get the rebate. I hope you understand that most of the retail stores and vendors use rebates, so it is not just Staples and HP that could have issues.

8 weeks is not that long, many rebates say 8-12 weeks, etc.

/ Computer Rebate Ripp-off #10  
Rebate checks are usually handled by a third party. In this case a true third party (Staples, HP, rebate processor). Most of my experience with Staples rebate checks are that they can be tracked online, but take up to 3 months to actually arrive in my mail box.

BTW, I really dislike rebate checks. I do not go out of my way to buy something that has a rebate, unless it is an INSTANT rebate at the cash register (like a sale price). The ones at the register when you pay usually still ding ya for state sales tax on the original price, where applicable. So not a true super sale price.