Posters name listed with post?

/ Posters name listed with post? #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
I just read the search problem, now I have a question. I miss the poster's name not being listed with the most current post in the main index. One thing about haveing the posters TBYNet name listed is that being on here for a while, you get to know who is knowledgable on certain aspects and brands and who is not. The name accompaning the post kinda cuts to the chase so-to speak. I miss that feature. The new way seems somewhat cryptic to me.

/ Posters name listed with post? #2  

I agree with you. I guess I'm just accustomed to seeing the most recent posters name. I do miss it.

On the practical side, though, unless you watch the Main Discussions page continually, you might miss that a particular user made a post. I know that none of us here have so much time on our hands that we spend hours just continually surfin' TBN, right? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

~Rick

/ Posters name listed with post? #3  
Guys,

That particular feature of the site was removed after seeing the impact it had on database usage.

Often times, users would allow posts to accumulate in unread forums, upwards of 1000 posts (an easy task when we get so many a day!)

This meant every time you viewed the main page, the server had to count up every post you didn't read, put that up. And check out who the last post was, when it was made, and all that.

As I'm sure you all know, we reached the point where we had to make tough decisions, but decisions that benefitted the site as a whole.

Maybe things will change in the future.

-Ibrahim