TBN upgrade wish list.

/ TBN upgrade wish list. #11  
Absolutely! Upgrades should not screw up a bunch of stuff to improve little.:frown:
larry

Larry, I have no doubt that they had to do something. :confused3: I don't even want to try to understand what. :confused2: I'm sure that it has to do with the HUGE size of the whole TBN thing. What has annoyed me the most is with these hi tech things, I thought that stuff was suppose to get better, easier and all that. I know that there are always bugs that have to get worked out, but this time around I think that they might have over stepped their capabilities and we all have to just muddle through it if we want to stay around. I like TBN, I like it enough that I created a job so that I am able to do the TBN thing as part of my job. :cool2: But just because I am still here is not an indication that I like how the redone site works. :( :( :(

/ TBN upgrade wish list. #13  
Internet vandals are constantly finding new ways to compromise forum databases (i.e., SQL injection etc.)...sometimes it's an easy fix to plug a hole but other times they effect the interface...When this occurs it is more important to secure the database than it is to shakedown all the possible side effects before they release the upgrade...

/ TBN upgrade wish list. #14  
I would like to see the following things show up in a TBN upgrade.
1. A modern pop-up photo gallery viewer like other forums using VBulletin software are using. If the pop-up photo viewer supports captions, so much the better.
The current TBN method of clicking on a photo to enlarge it, clicking the "back button" to get to the next photo and repeating the process is clunky at best. Add in the added frustration if the "back button" doesn't return you to the post in question, you have to scroll through the thread again to get back to the pictures.
I am very much against the photo popup as I like to middle click on pictures so that I can see all of them in separate tabs (dont have to wait for each picture to load that way when scrolling through a batch of pictures). If added, I would want a way to turn it off (unless I can still open the picture in a new tab by middle clicking on it)...

2. I use Google's spell checker as I've never been able to get the VBulletin spell checker to work properly; but when using Google's spell checker on TBN, it unwraps the thread's text into long strings that one has to scroll horizontally through. I don't have this problem on other VBulletin powered sites using newer versions.
I wonder if that is related to the autosave module?

3. I've noticed that when using the advanced editor on quoted messages that TBN has duplicate strings of test randomly appear in the quoted text. Once again, I'm not having this problem on other VBulletin powered sites.
Never seen that in Firefox or Chrome. Try going to your start menu and opening IE using the shortcut for "Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)" and see if that still happens.

4. Sometimes the Text editing cursor disappears, or doesn't follow along with the keyboard arrow keys when editing.
I have seen that from time to time, but generally it is when I have left Firefox open for a week and it needs to restart. If it happens to me on TBN, I have the same problem on all sites.

Whether some of these text editing items are related to the browser (IE 9) that I'm using or not is unknown to me.
You might try downloading Firefox and/or Chrome to see if the problem persists with them.

Firefox normally has built in spell checking.
But, for some reason it doesn't work with tractorbynet.com.
Works for me on 5 different computers... Has for years.

The photo pop up would be a big plus. Just a tip in the mean time, right click on the photos individually and open them in new tabs. When you are done looking at them you will not have lost your place in the thread.
I am very much against the photo popup as I like to see all of the pictures in separate tabs (dont have to wait for each picture to load that way when scrolling through a batch of pictures). If added, I would want a way to turn it off (unless I can still open the picture in a new tab by middle clicking on it)...
On opening the pictures, you can also middle click on a picture or link most modern browsers and it will open the picture or link in a new tab.

Aaron Z

/ TBN upgrade wish list.
The photo pop up would be a big plus. Just a tip in the mean time, right click on the photos individually and open them in new tabs. When you are done looking at them you will not have lost your place in the thread.

DUH, why didn't I think of that as a workaround for the time being.

/ TBN upgrade wish list. #16  
DUH, why didn't I think of that as a workaround for the time being.

You just can't think of everything yourself! Otherwise there would be no point in having TBN!

/ TBN upgrade wish list. #17  
I would like a Thank You feature. It lets people thank a person for a great post with out having to post. If you look at bushcraftusa.com their forum lets you thank people with a simple button click. Its a nice feature.

/ TBN upgrade wish list.
A Thanks button and a similar Like button would be handy. A couple of other forums I belong to have them and they are helpful for the reasons you mention. Good point DT86!

/ TBN upgrade wish list. #19  
A Thanks button and a similar Like button would be handy. A couple of other forums I belong to have them and they are helpful for the reasons you mention. Good point DT86!

Yeah -- On another forum I visit that is nothing related to tractors has a like link or a button you would say. You would get a notification flash of all like you gotten and you can go see which one its for. In yours stats shows the like you given and received. It would be handy to show support of statements of tbn'ers when I have nothing to say or its redundant to comment.

/ TBN upgrade wish list. #20  
Here's another vote for a better search engine.