Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Default Re: TBN upgrade wish list.

Somebody here on TBN tipped me off to using Google as a search for TBN. In Google, type your search followed by site:tractorbynet.com and it works like a charm. A better built in search function is needed though.

Tractor
    yanmar 186D....JD LT180....DR Brush Cutter

I wished they offered beer discount coupons.
    I Intend to Live Forever.....So Far....So Good!

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

I actually think TBN is a pretty decent forum, software wise. It definitely has issues but overall it's pretty good.

Now, the mobile version, the app, is hands down the best forum app I've seen. It's actually easier, and faster, for me to post using my phone, aside from typing.

There is definitely something wrong though with the amount of duplicate posts we've been seeing lately.

As for pictures, press and hold the control button as you click, and it will open the pic in a new window, this avoids having to press the back button after you view it. You can also open numerous pics at the same time this way.

As ken mentioned, using a site specific google search is the best way. I've NEVER seen a good forum search function, it's not just TBN. Oh the search function for the mobile app sucks as well

I'd like to add the ability to add emoticons from the mobile app. As far as I know, you can't as of now.
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    My tractor is an old M... F... and red too.

Quote Originally Posted by kco View Post
    Here's another vote for a better search engine.
    I have heard Muhammad say this was on his list possibly using the Google search engine
    Retired and enjoying life with my kids and grandkids -robert
    "life is too short.. eat your cake first"
    My 1965 MF 135 Z145 Refurbish Project with Pics
    TrucksByNet.com .... .... It's about Trucks... The other TBN
    My Yamaha YFP350U Terrapro's Project The only ATV with a PTO
    About ME

Tractor
    A couple

I'd also like to see the error message of "stay or leave" the web page after submitting a post get fixed. I think that is one thing that is leading to duplicate posts.
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX 5000

All great ideas as for upgrade guys but is it worth a raise on our subscription fees

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    I'd also like to see the error message of "stay or leave" the web page after submitting a post get fixed. I think that is one thing that is leading to duplicate posts.
    It is. If you click on the X rather than yes or no, it wont make the duplicate post (but you will have to manually reload the page to see your post).

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    Kubota L5030 1947 Farmall A John Deere Z910

OK here is a challenge for the intelligent people of programming. Program a thread to accommodate a TBN COOKBOOK: a multilevel thread that has about 8 levels for each class of food recipes. Then if that is not challenging enough, have each recipe post be able to have a review rating with an extended review section.
    Now you can tell me to dream on......
    TXDon

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by txdon View Post
    OK here is a challenge for the intelligent people of programming. Program a thread to accommodate a TBN COOKBOOK: a multilevel thread that has about 8 levels for each class of food recipes. Then if that is not challenging enough, have each recipe post be able to have a review rating with an extended review section.
    Now you can tell me to dream on......
    That could be done with a new forum that had a drop down list to choose the thread prefix (ie: cookies, cake, bbg, etc). Also enable thread ratings for that forum. Then each recipe gets its own thread...

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    Kubota L5030 1947 Farmall A John Deere Z910

Quote Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
    That could be done with a new forum that had a drop down list to choose the thread prefix (ie: cookies, cake, bbg, etc). Also enable thread ratings for that forum. Then each recipe gets its own thread...Aaron Z
    You make it sound so easy! This of course would be a Tractor Cookbook.
    TXDon

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast