TBN upgrade wish list.

/ TBN upgrade wish list. #1  

mjncad

Tractor
A couple
I would like to see the following things show up in a TBN upgrade.

1. A modern pop-up photo gallery viewer like other forums using VBulletin software are using. If the pop-up photo viewer supports captions, so much the better.

The current TBN method of clicking on a photo to enlarge it, clicking the "back button" to get to the next photo and repeating the process is clunky at best. Add in the added frustration if the "back button" doesn't return you to the post in question, you have to scroll through the thread again to get back to the pictures.

2. I use Google's spell checker as I've never been able to get the VBulletin spell checker to work properly; but when using Google's spell checker on TBN, it unwraps the thread's text into long strings that one has to scroll horizontally through. I don't have this problem on other VBulletin powered sites using newer versions.

3. I've noticed that when using the advanced editor on quoted messages that TBN has duplicate strings of test randomly appear in the quoted text. Once again, I'm not having this problem on other VBulletin powered sites.

4. Sometimes the Text editing cursor disappears, or doesn't follow along with the keyboard arrow keys when editing.

Whether some of these text editing items are related to the browser (IE 9) that I'm using or not is unknown to me.

/ TBN upgrade wish list. #2  
I have stated before that the person who started the thread should be indicated when they respond again to the thread. I have seen this before as "[op]" next to their username.

Also, with all of the thready lately about auto news/ repair/ choices, maybe there should be an "automotive" sub-forum. I enjoy the threads about trucks and whatnow, it just seems like there are getting to be too many in the "trailers and transportation" forum.

/ TBN upgrade wish list. #3  
Better search engine.

/ TBN upgrade wish list. #4  
I always like rolling slide shows.

/ TBN upgrade wish list. #6  
Firefox normally has built in spell checking.
But, for some reason it doesn't work with tractorbynet.com.

/ TBN upgrade wish list. #7  
Firefox normally has built in spell checking.
But, for some reason it doesn't work with tractorbynet.com.

Firefox spellcheck works fine for me on TBN so dunno why it doesn't for you? Latest version is 19.0.2 do you have spellchecker turned on?

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> checkmark "Check my spelling as I type"

/ TBN upgrade wish list. #8  
There are so many things that either I don't like or don't work or don't work properly that I wouldn't even know where to start. I just deal with it and move on. All I can say is that I sure hope that the next upgrade, is. ;)

Just my :2cents:

/ TBN upgrade wish list. #9  
The photo pop up would be a big plus. Just a tip in the mean time, right click on the photos individually and open them in new tabs. When you are done looking at them you will not have lost your place in the thread.

/ TBN upgrade wish list. #10  
There are so many things that either I don't like or don't work or don't work properly that I wouldn't even know where to start. I just deal with it and move on. All I can say is that I sure hope that the next upgrade, is. ;)

Just my :2cents:
Absolutely! Upgrades should not screw up a bunch of stuff to improve little.:frown:
larry