Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Default Re: Are private messages here REALLY private?

Quote Originally Posted by /pine View Post
    One option to protect privacy is creating an archive (zip file etc.) and password protect it...
    i.e., zip up the text(message) and include it as an attachment...of course the receiving party must have the password to open the archive
    Would be easier (and probbaly more secure) to use something like SafeGmail and gmail or a similar setup with another provider.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Quote Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
    Would be easier (and probbaly more secure) to use something like SafeGmail and gmail or a similar setup with another provider.

Aaron Z
    That's a good option and much easier for novices to use PGP...
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Elite Member

i.e., zip up the text(message) and include it as an attachment.
    You can do attachments in PM's now ?
    ::Sent from a standard desktop keyboard::

My Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by Willl View Post
    You can do attachments in PM's now ?
    Evidently I was incorrect... other than images it's not ported by TBN for it...but it can be achieved with a hack...
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Tractor
    Farmall

Quote Originally Posted by JDgreen227 View Post
    I thought that was the case, but circumstances have led me to feel otherwise. It appears that someone is able to read my private messages here and remove my threads and posts for no other reason than they personally have an issue with what I am discussing with other members, although said private messages do not violate the forum guidelines. Makes me wonder.
    The day you employed the internet for any purpose you relinguished any claim to privacy.
    You have 6000+ posts here alone, if law enforcement subpoenaed your internet activity they'd get a document the size of the Obamacare bill..
    "I know the end of humanity is near when my tractor comes with a place to store and plug in a cell phone, but no tool box" -- God's Country

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad View Post
    They're stored on our server... until you delete them. But we don't read them. There are too many. Just kidding...

Same thing applies to your web-based e-mail like Gmail... technically, they exist on a server so somebody accessing a database somewhere could read them, but companies (including ours) have policies in place about privacy and safeguarding of data.
    Dear Sir: I understand the policies regarding PM's, but what about posts that are deleted, for no apparent reason? When the posts are deleted, when they didn;t violate the Rules and Regulations set forth by TBN, the results seem to be of a Personal vendetta. The OP was curious about that point, as am I. Thanks for listening.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1025r TLB

Quote Originally Posted by creekbend View Post
    Dear Sir: I understand the policies regarding PM's, but what about posts that are deleted, for no apparent reason? When the posts are deleted, when they didn;t violate the Rules and Regulations set forth by TBN, the results seem to be of a Personal vendetta. The OP was curious about that point, as am I. Thanks for listening.
    This is a privately owned site, they can basically do whatever they want with "your" post.
    '13 JD 1025r TLB
    60D MMM w/ electric over hydraulic independent lift
    Custom Seat Springs (no more bottoming out)
    Single Point Quick Disconnect
    180* Thermostat
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks
    Omni Transformer

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

Woah.. I must have missed something.. The banhammer has sure been swung bigtime today

Tractor
    Kubota B7610

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby074 View Post
    Woah.. I must have missed something.. The banhammer has sure been swung bigtime today
    I'm not surprised. Yesterday I was reading this thread and noticed the irony of discussions regarding how we aren't allowed to discuss what was being discussed.

The rule is that we can't post about moderator's moderating, apparently not even the moderators can.

Tractor
    Mahindra 3616 hst cab

Quote Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
    This is a privately owned site, they can basically do whatever they want with "your" post.
    Yeah, it's a privately owned site that makes it's money off the users. So the way I look at it, TBN works for us and if we don't like some of the policies, we can leave at any time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast