Advertisement annoyingly scrolling on screen

/ Advertisement annoyingly scrolling on screen #1  

jbwilson

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar EA2400
How do I rid the screen of an annoying pop up advertisement - notwithstanding that I have properly logged into TBN. The advertisement in question is for the 2013 Jaguar that scrolls up and down the screen and covering up what I'm trying to read on the TBN forums.

/ Advertisement annoyingly scrolling on screen #2  
Install AdBlock on your computer. I have it on both my phone and computer and see no ads, period. It's free.

/ Advertisement annoyingly scrolling on screen
Thank you. I'll look into it and see whether there is a version for I-pad. This Jaguar ad is very annoying - as you scroll up or down there is no escaping it. It takes the form of a horizontal bar across the screen and as you scroll down it changes position on the screen, sometimes hiding the TBN posts I'm trying to read before it flits down the screen - very distracting. Even opening the ad cannot get rid of it - it just comes back like a bad penny. I have no objections to ads - it provides the money needed to run the forum, and I rely on ads to direct my purchases. But this form of ad is a turn off and it is disappointing that its allowed on TBN, making the forum very unpleasant to use. Also have to wonder about the mindset of the manufacturer. If they rely on marketing geniuses that use this form of advertising, you'd have to wonder what their client satisaction must be like.

/ Advertisement annoyingly scrolling on screen #4  
We shouldn't have any pop-ups running other than the registration reminder if you're not logged in. Is anybody else seeing this Jaguar ad?

/ Advertisement annoyingly scrolling on screen #5  
We shouldn't have any pop-ups running other than the registration reminder if you're not logged in. Is anybody else seeing this Jaguar ad?
I am not (logged in with Chrome).
JBWildson, is this happening on a desktop, or on an iPad? If it were on a desktop, I would say that it sounds like adware, but I don't know if they make adware that will work on an iPad.

Aaron Z

/ Advertisement annoyingly scrolling on screen #6  
Agreed, sounds like some adware that is showing the ad when he visits TBN. But we do run several ad networks so you never know when they might try to slide an invasive ad in. :thumbdown:

Yes I am using IPad and this ad is still distracting from my enjoyment of TBN. I have properly logged into TBN. I also like to add that if I was to buy a car the Jaguar would be last on my list. By the way Jaguar, I have recently bought a Volvo, so your ad is wasted on me.

/ Advertisement annoyingly scrolling on screen #8  
I boycott any company that slips ads in on me. I have very few companies I can buy from now!

/ Advertisement annoyingly scrolling on screen #9  
Yes I am using IPad and this ad is still distracting from my enjoyment of TBN. I have properly logged into TBN. I also like to add that if I was to buy a car the Jaguar would be last on my list. By the way Jaguar, I have recently bought a Volvo, so your ad is wasted on me.

Are you using the app or just browsing the site?

Thank you all for your responses. The ad has disappeared and I am grateful that I can enjoy TBN again. I don't think Adblock is available for my IPad version (1st version).