Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar ea26

Default Advertisement annoyingly scrolling on screen

How do I rid the screen of an annoying pop up advertisement - notwithstanding that I have properly logged into TBN. The advertisement in question is for the 2013 Jaguar that scrolls up and down the screen and covering up what I'm trying to read on the TBN forums.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3400

Default Re: Advertisement annoyingly scrolling on screen

Install AdBlock on your computer. I have it on both my phone and computer and see no ads, period. It's free.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar ea26

Thank you. I'll look into it and see whether there is a version for I-pad. This Jaguar ad is very annoying - as you scroll up or down there is no escaping it. It takes the form of a horizontal bar across the screen and as you scroll down it changes position on the screen, sometimes hiding the TBN posts I'm trying to read before it flits down the screen - very distracting. Even opening the ad cannot get rid of it - it just comes back like a bad penny. I have no objections to ads - it provides the money needed to run the forum, and I rely on ads to direct my purchases. But this form of ad is a turn off and it is disappointing that its allowed on TBN, making the forum very unpleasant to use. Also have to wonder about the mindset of the manufacturer. If they rely on marketing geniuses that use this form of advertising, you'd have to wonder what their client satisaction must be like.

Tractor
    None currently

We shouldn't have any pop-ups running other than the registration reminder if you're not logged in. Is anybody else seeing this Jaguar ad?
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad View Post
    We shouldn't have any pop-ups running other than the registration reminder if you're not logged in. Is anybody else seeing this Jaguar ad?
    I am not (logged in with Chrome).
    JBWildson, is this happening on a desktop, or on an iPad? If it were on a desktop, I would say that it sounds like adware, but I don't know if they make adware that will work on an iPad.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    None currently

Agreed, sounds like some adware that is showing the ad when he visits TBN. But we do run several ad networks so you never know when they might try to slide an invasive ad in.
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar ea26

Yes I am using IPad and this ad is still distracting from my enjoyment of TBN. I have properly logged into TBN. I also like to add that if I was to buy a car the Jaguar would be last on my list. By the way Jaguar, I have recently bought a Volvo, so your ad is wasted on me.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Wheel Horse, Cub Cadet,Several Speedex's,Allis Chalmers, John Deere, Tuff-bilt, Power Mite, Bonanza, Power King, Bobcat Toolcat, Takeuchi Trackhoe

I boycott any company that slips ads in on me. I have very few companies I can buy from now!

Tractor
    None currently

Quote Originally Posted by jbwilson View Post
    Yes I am using IPad and this ad is still distracting from my enjoyment of TBN. I have properly logged into TBN. I also like to add that if I was to buy a car the Jaguar would be last on my list. By the way Jaguar, I have recently bought a Volvo, so your ad is wasted on me.
    Are you using the app or just browsing the site?
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar ea26

Thank you all for your responses. The ad has disappeared and I am grateful that I can enjoy TBN again. I don't think Adblock is available for my IPad version (1st version).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast