Adverts !!!!

/ Adverts !!!! #11  
Yep. Running Adblock Plus in Firefox will get rid of 90% of the ads out there. NoScript and similar plugins will get the rest.

Darn straight...
header-logo.png

For those ready to experiment, you don't have to dump IE to run/try Firefox. They can both live on your system and you can use one or the other when ever.
Occasionally they'll argue about who's going to play lead, but other then that, pieceOcake.

/ Adverts !!!! #12  
I have four different machines I can log on with. Don't see that on any of them.. If you are running Avast or another brand do virus protection. Do a boot scan. You probably have a hidden file that boots up with the machine. It get's worse with time till you remove it.

/ Adverts !!!! #13  
Yep. Running Adblock Plus in Firefox will get rid of 90% of the ads out there. NoScript and similar plugins will get the rest.

Aaron Z

Ditto ... been using Firefox for years. Once you use it you'll never go back to Internet Explorer.

/ Adverts !!!! #14  
Doesn't sound like any ad we're running.

/ Adverts !!!! #15  
"car advertising stripe that flicks around"

I'm on TBN just about everyday and have never seen such a thing. Are you sure its source is TBN and not some malware on your computer?

Like this, jumps around a lot till its loaded then just sits at the bottom of the page, running on an ipad
image.jpg

/ Adverts !!!! #16  
running on an ipad

Sorry but I don't speak ipad. Muhammad would definitely know if the source is TBN so apparently the ad is coming from elsewhere. :confused3:

/ Adverts !!!! #17  
Often times spyware/malware is geared toward specific browsers or platforms. It's possible that your ipad has some app on it that's showing the ads. I only have an android tablet so I can't check... on my tablet there are no ads like that showing.

Also I can say that we are not knowingly running those ads. Usually if it were malware injected into our forum, or if one of our ad networks was running that, we would get a LOT of e-mails and posts about it. When it's just one user, it's usually indicative of malware on the user's computer (or in this case, tablet).

/ Adverts !!!!
Yes i am on IPad and that car advert is the one !!!

I contribute on sevaral forums and TBN is the only one with the issue !!!

Again it does not appear on every forum on TBN but is seen on operating, repairs and Case IH .!!!!

And you can see its more than 1 user. .????

/ Adverts !!!! #20  
Now I've forgotten exactly what they call the advertising keyed to your area and/or your own browsing. I know for awhile I did a lot of Internet searching and shopping for the FoodSaver, so I was seeing ads for the FoodSaver when I was on other websites that had nothing to do with FoodSaver. The same thing has happened with other products, so I wonder if that might be what's causing some to see ads the rest of us don't see. I guess my ISP calls it "Location based advertising".